Where Can The Orioles Find A Left-Handed Starter?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weams said:

My opinion is that Cobb and Lynn will get 5/75

Darvish and Jake 5/100

I'd go 5/80 for Cobb. Prefer Cobb to Lynn, because he has been pitching in the AL East. Not interested in Jake or Darvish.  I just don't think it is written in blood that PA won't allow 5 years this season.

12 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I'd go 5/80 for Cobb. Prefer Cobb to Lynn, because he has been pitching in the AL East. Not interested in Jake or Darvish.  I just don't think it is written in blood that PA won't allow 5 years this season.

I wish that were true. 

6 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Either of Cobb/Lynn would be an amazing addition.  One of those guys, a lefty, and then even bringing back Hellickson as a place holder for one of the young guys would be an amazing offseason.

You'd bring back Hellickson? If DD gets Cobb or Lynn that'd be good. But why Hellickson? Why not bring up one one of the young pitchers instead of Hellickson? 

5 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Cobb has a 5.71 ERA in OPACY, and hasn’t traveled well in the AL East. Lance Lynn was awful at OPACY this year, is a massive fly ball pitcher, his ERA to FIP ratio is insane. He’s wade Miley all over again 

How often did Lynn pitch at OPACY? I didn't even think  the Cards came to Baltimore in 2017. 

Questions a free agent pitcher's agent will be asking the Orioles.

1. Who will be the manager after 2018?
  2. Who will be the GM after 2018?
  3. Who will be the pitching coach after 2018?
  4. How do we know the team won't do a complete rebuild after 2018?

Obviously, there are no certainties in baseball, but the Orioles come with a pile of uncertainties built in. How can they attract a decent pitcher in spite of these uncertainties? That's easy. Pay them a lot more money than anyone else will.

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Questions a free agent pitcher's agent will be asking the Orioles.

1. Who will be the manager after 2018?
  2. Who will be the GM after 2018?
  3. Who will be the pitching coach after 2018?
  4. How do we know the team won't do a complete rebuild after 2018?

Obviously, there are no certainties in baseball, but the Orioles come with a pile of uncertainties built in. How can they attract a decent pitcher in spite of these uncertainties? That's easy. Pay them a lot more money than anyone else will.

All I hope is that DD will get some good pitching. Not the retreads he is known for. Hoping that Angelos will allow a 4 or 5 year deal for a top pitcher and that DD can deliver. Make the team and organization attractive to a top pitcher. Not holding my breath though.  

Archived