Fangraphs on the relationship between Trumbo and Mancini

Frobby

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/trey-mancini-and-mark-trumbo-on-trey-mancini/

So long as we’re stuck having both on the same squad, it’s good to know that Trumbo has been something of a mentor to Mancini.

Buck said Trumbo is a student of the game, asking questions and trying to get a better understanding on the little stuff that most dont worry about.

He said he looks for him to have the makings of a good coach or manager at some point in his career.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh heck no.

I'm 45 and could barely hit the cutoff man at this point.

But at least I'm not afraid of walls.

If at some point, you took a hard crash into a wall, I suspect you will feel otherwise? :)

I couldn't hit my cutoff man when I was 45, I never knew where my ball would go, usually sail over his head. :)

Thankfully, long arms and an ability to catch the ball, kept me safely at first. :)

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

If at some point, you took a hard crash into a wall, I suspect you will feel otherwise? :)

I couldn't hit my cutoff man when I was 45, I never knew where my ball would go, usually sail over his head. :)

Thankfully, long arms and an ability to catch the ball, kept me safely at first. :)

Honestly, probably not.  Maybe if I really managed to hurt myself.  Never shied away from contact...Well except hugs, I'm not a hugger.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Honestly, probably not.  Maybe if I really managed to hurt myself.  Never shied away from contact...Well except hugs, I'm not a hugger.

I tripped over the guy coaching first on a foul ball, took a bruise to my shin that took forever to go away.

I never liked going after foul balls again.

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I tripped over the guy coaching first on a foul ball, took a bruise to my shin that took forever to go away.

I never liked going after foul balls again.

I broke a guy’s wrist about two months ago while playing 1B.    Grounder to me, which I bobbled, causing an unnecessarily close race to 1B that ended up with a collision that the runner got the worst of.    I’m still feeling guilty about it two months later.    At least he was out!

Just now, Frobby said:

I broke a guy’s wrist about two months ago while playing 1B.    Grounder to me, which I bobbled, causing an unnecessarily close race to 1B that ended up with a collision that the runner got the worst of.    I’m still feeling guilty about it two months later.    At least he was out!

that all that counts LOL

Archived