Colorado interested in Britton

Lucky_13

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

DD usually good about not tipping his hand.

But, seriously, listening to him over the years when ask about trading a player before they walk, he doesn't seam to buy into that opinion too much.

Not saying he is right, or wrong, because I know this topic has been discussed a time or two here. :)

Agreed I think the chances of him doing the right thing are bleak ....you have to hope whomever (Brady?) is whispering in Petes ear about losing a super star and getting nothing but a sandwich draft selection in return. 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Agreed I think the chances of him doing the right thing are bleak ....you have to hope whomever (Brady?) is whispering in Petes ear about losing a super star and getting nothing but a sandwich draft selection in return. 

I think DD didnt just come to that belief about letting a star walk without something in the past couple of years, long before he came here and I wonder how much he listens to Brady?

I get that he is mentoring Brady, but that doesn't mean its a two-sided conversation.

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think DD didnt just come to that belief about letting a star walk without something in the past couple of years, long before he came here and I wonder how much he listens to Brady?

I get that he is mentoring Brady, but that doesn't mean its a two-sided conversation.

I am hoping that Angelos will care about the welfare of his team and not the selfish personal interest of a guy who's likely gone after this year. 

On 11/30/2017 at 2:09 PM, Lucky_13 said:

Probably just seeing whats out there but it makes some sense for both clubs.  The rockies have infield prospects which the Orioles are light on and they need some relief help.

Britton for Inf Ryan McMahon: The odd man out with Colorado having LeMahieu and Arenado at 2B and 3B.

Britton for RHP Ryan Castellini and LHP Sam Howard: Two prospects who project as mid to back end starters. Not sure the Rockies would do this since they always need pitching.

What do you guys think?

I'd be happy with either. Question is, who replaces Britton? And why would Colorado want a sinker pitcher? Sinker pitchers are horrible in Colorado

On 12/1/2017 at 8:23 AM, PHRESH said:

I'd love to see Rodgers come back in a deal, but I imagine that's far from likely. 

Yea not a chance we could get Rodgers.  I believe the Rockies have said in the past that he's untouchable.

2 minutes ago, joelala said:

Yea not a chance we could get Rodgers.  I believe the Rockies have said in the past that he's untouchable.

The Orioles do not want to pay Zach Britton 12+ million to close for a mediocre team. That said, they may not realize that they are mediocre. So the return is less important than the impression that the stay neutral (or improve) and save the money. It's the money. 

6 minutes ago, weams said:

The Orioles do not want to pay Zach Britton 12+ million to close for a mediocre team. That said, they may not realize that they are mediocre. So the return is less important than the impression that the stay neutral (or improve) and save the money. It's the money. 

Oh I fully agree with you, it's all about the money.  I just meant that there's no way Colorado is sending us Brendan Rodgers in any deal.  Unless it was some sort of sign-and-trade with Machado, which would also never happen.

I'm thinking it's more likely than not that Britton pitches like the Britton we know rather than the guy that was hurt last year.  With that said, what's the point of having a dominant close, making $14 million, if we aren't going to enough leads to justify it?  

The recipe for success since 2012 has been to have a dominant pen and piece together a starting rotation.  So I don't see DD, who is on a one year contract, trading away Britton for guys that aren't going to help us next year.  Starting Pitchers are what we need.  

DD has had to accept that we aren't going to ever sign a big money FA SP.  Just like with international signings.  So what's the point in trading Britton if we're not going to pump that money into extensions or FA SP?

17 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I'd be happy with either. Question is, who replaces Britton? And why would Colorado want a sinker pitcher? Sinker pitchers are horrible in Colorado

Givens is promoted to closer imo....if you are not dealing Brach let him pitch the 8th, if they do then O'Day is your 8th inning guy

Archived