Season ticket holders......are you renewing?

ThomasTomasz

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

I have already renewed thanks to paying for "playoff" tickets last year that the Orioles didn't even bother to print and send to me.  :mad:

I think my agent may be gone though, since he hasn't responded to my question I posed to him a week ago.

As for the outlook of the team, there are two types of fans.  Those who care only about the current season and thus will be pissed if we trade Manny, but also will be pissed next year when he leaves and we don't "pay the man."  Then there are the fans who look at the total picture, know Manny will be gone next year, and thus want to get as much as we can now before he leaves us with a bag of balls in our hand.  If we don't trade him, this group of fans will be pissed.

So, the way I see it, if you trade him, you piss off half the fanbase now.  If you don't trade him, you piss off the ENTIRE fanbase in 2019 when he goes elsewhere and we get nothing.

Seems like a no-brainer to trade him now, unless of course the Front Office thinks we can actually compete with a 2 man rotation going against the New Republic of NY and the always contending Red Sox.  

Your agent probably isn't gone, but away for the holiday or not at work.  All of their ticket guys are classified as part-time.  Like I said in another post, most teams are beginning the renewal process now, as well as upgrading.  We don't do upgrades that way (going into the portal and selecting seats) and renewals don't start until February.  

I agree as well.  If we are going to rebuild, then lets rebuild.  One of the quotes I heard indirectly from Angelos is that he doesn't want to trade Machado because he promised the season-ticket holders a year to compete.  Well, the Yankees just got better, and the Red Sox are sure to respond to it.  if you aren't making a comparable move, which we know he isn't, it's more disingenuous to sell the idea of competing when it hurts the club long-term.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer that Manny be traded, he's too much of a drain on our budget.  If we trade him we can probably afford a FA bat and will probably get Pitching talent in return in a trade.  Hopefully, they can also flip Britton for another starter and we would have a solid team.

11 minutes ago, weams said:

I will get you assigned if you like. I am reaching out on my end. Let me know. 

Thanks Brother!  Yeah, I think our guy Sean is gone.  Get us someone good.  I have friends whose ticket guy gets them free giveaways and stuff from games they don't even go to.  Sean hasn't really done much of anything special for us.  

8 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Thanks Brother!  Yeah, I think our guy Sean is gone.  Get us someone good.  I have friends whose ticket guy gets them free giveaways and stuff from games they don't even go to.  Sean hasn't really done much of anything special for us.  

Will do.

I'm happily going to renew my 13 game plan (would love a 29 but living and working in DC, it's not viable). I get it that the benefits could be better, but really I'm mostly just interested in hitting the games. There's not much better than, after a long day of work and a long drive, sitting out at the Yard for a ballgame on a hot summer night. I know could get tickets whenever I want, but it's good to have a little bit of a forcing function. 

The club does a lot of things that drive me crazy, but this is my team. And it's not unreasonable to envision a future scenario where they leave. Want to do my part (however minor) to prevent that from happening. Just how I feel about it, obviously to each his own.

1 hour ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

o

I'm happily going to renew my 13 game plan (would love a 29 but living and working in DC, it's not viable). I get it that the benefits could be better, but really I'm mostly just interested in hitting the games. There's not much better than, after a long day of work and a long drive, sitting out at the Yard for a ballgame on a hot summer night. I know could get tickets whenever I want, but it's good to have a little bit of a forcing function. 

The club does a lot of things that drive me crazy, but this is my team. And it's not unreasonable to envision a future scenario where they leave. Want to do my part (however minor) to prevent that from happening. Just how I feel about it, obviously to each his own.

o

o

RECLAIM THE CROWN

RECLAIM THE CROWN

RECLAIM THE CROWN

RECLAIM THE CROWN

RECLAIM THE CROWN

RECLAIM THE CROWN

o

10 hours ago, NATTYBO's said:

I prefer that Manny be traded, he's too much of a drain on our budget.  If we trade him we can probably afford a FA bat and will probably get Pitching talent in return in a trade.  Hopefully, they can also flip Britton for another starter and we would have a solid team.

So tell me how much that free agent "power bat" and "pitching talent" is going to cost over a 10 year period. Or if they will actually be here over a 10 year period. Or of they will put up 40-60 WAR  over that 10 year period. Here I will answer for you......a lot more than Manny, they won't, and they won't come close. The books are basically clear after 2018 except for 17m to Davis, spare me with the "drain on our finances" nonsense. You are the exact type of fan Pete wants, believing we are one of the poorest little franchises in the league who just can't afford a single great player or their salary. Nothing is further from the truth. 

Legitimately asking here - what benefit do you all find in getting season tickets besides access to playoff tickets early? You can buy single game tickets for basically any game in any section - isn't the flexibility of being able to just buy tickets when your schedule allows it better than having dates locked in with a season ticket plan?

I've thought about it, but not sure if I'm missing out what makes season ticket plans an attractive thing to buy. Appreciate any input!

On 12/12/2017 at 11:50 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

So I have a question for season-ticket holders, will you be renewing?   If you are, what is keeping you with your tickets?  If not, what is finally pushing you over the edge?

My personal story- I loved attending games in the mid 90's as a kid with my dad.  We stopped going to games around the start of the dark ages.  He and I both started going back to games in 2013 when it looked like the Orioles were back on track as a franchise, and while he moved away for his retirement, I bought a 29 game package for the 2014 season in section 56, and have faithfully renewed that every year.  I've always ended up going to more than 29 games as well.  

However, I just can not stomach another dark age.  With Duquette airing some of the dirty laundry- comments about how the organization doesn't believe in the posting system, to not having contact with Manny's agent for a long-term deal for years- along with the "promise" of competing, only to get cold feet at the realization that the pitching upgrades are "too expensive".......I don't think I can do it anymore.  

We severely lack in benefits.  We have a slapped together "season ticket appreciation day" and can exchange tickets dollar for dollar.  Just as an example for the Pirates, Mets and Yankees, you can have on-field batting practice during the off-season or when the team is out of town.  Specifically with the Pirates, their season ticket holders are offered 12 events to choose from.  The Redskins with their rewards points can get you on the field during warm-ups, a spot in the post game news conference, an on-field combine run by current and former players and the chance to be in the tunnel when the players come out, amongst other things.  The value for season-tickets just isn't there when we are probably a season at best away from going back to mediocrity.  

Given that lack of benefits, as well as the Nationals guaranteeing Futures, Home Run Derby and ASG tickets if you have a Full or Half season plan and sign up for two years, I might be getting their tickets for this year.  I will never, ever root for the Nats- I'm too stuck with my teams to ever switch them- but I can go back to not buying tickets, merchandise, etc like I did before, and try to enjoy as many games there as I can.....or just sell them.  I am still not decided on any of this, which is why I'm looking to see what others are doing. 

If I was one I sure as hell wouldn't be one for 2018. I wouldn't give that old man a red cent. 

Archived