Adam Jones Speaking out on Twitter.

Grt 2BA FL Gator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Odd rundown by BP.  Stewart kept himself on the prospect lists by hitting?

Really?

633 OPS at Aberdeen, 719 OPS at Delmarva counts as hitting?

(He wasn't on the top 10 list the year before)

Weird.

I mean everyone makes mistakes, but you’d think they’d have their previous lists in front of them when writing this.

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I mean everyone makes mistakes, but you’d think they’d have their previous lists in front of them when writing this.

With someone like Stewart is his overall fielding grade hurt by the fact that his arm limits him to left field?  So could he be a plus defender in left but still a 45/50 fielding guy overall?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

With someone like Stewart is his overall fielding grade hurt by the fact that his arm limits him to left field?  So could he be a plus defender in left but still a 45/50 fielding guy overall?

I started a thread on the BP list over on the MiL forum, so we don’t get too far afield here.    There were a number of things in the write-ups that surprised me.

I haven’t heard anyone say Stewart is “plus” in LF.    I’ve heard solid and better than Mancini.    

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I started a thread on the BP list over on the MiL forum, so we don’t get too far afield here.    There were a number of things in the write-ups that surprised me.

I haven’t heard anyone say Stewart is “plus” in LF.    I’ve heard solid and better than Mancini.    

I was throwing out a hypothetical more than claiming Stewart was actually plus. 

I am curious as to how the various pieces fit.  Could someone be an elite defender at a non-elite position.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

From the very little I’ve seen, I’d say Stewart will never be “plus” anything in the field. His upside in LF is probably an “in prime” Steve Pearce. A stocky guy with good coordination and faster than you would think speed. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

From the very little I’ve seen, I’d say Stewart will never be “plus” anything in the field. His upside in LF is probably an “in prime” Steve Pearce. A stocky guy with good coordination and faster than you would think speed. 

Once again throwing out a hypothetical not claiming Stewart is a plus defender.

5 hours ago, weams said:

I'm right. Curtis is no captain. 

Being captain is not worth 5-8 million a year for four years.  I think that you could get similar production somewhere from a Granderson 5million per year up to 8 million per year for another corner outfielder producing at a similar level of Jones age during his contract.   Not 15 million a year for Jones over 4 years...no way.   Somebody else can aggravate their teammates with pies for a lot less dollars..lol.  

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Being captain is not worth 5-8 million a year for four years.  I think that you could get similar production somewhere from a Granderson 5million per year up to 8 million per year for another corner outfielder producing at a similar level of Jones age during his contract.   Not 15 million a year for Jones over 4 years...no way.   Somebody else can aggravate their teammates with pies for a lot less dollars..lol.  

But I wouldn't be shocked if the O's came up with a market overpay to keep Jones.

Archived