So What is the Plan for Starting Pitching?

backwardsk

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

A good team would go into ST with guys like Cortes and Mesa as 6th and 7th options and go from there.

Or, a good team would have enough depth where it wouldn’t have room to protect these guys on its 40 man roster.

49 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

When all said and done It will end up a patched up of rotation of used up talent that will most likely lead to a similar finish as last year.

Yup.  But a team still too stubborn (and misguided) to trade Machado because they believe said patched up rotation will help them compete this year.

5 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Yup.  But a team still too stubborn (and misguided) to trade Machado because they believe said patched up rotation will help them compete this year.

Who knows what they’re thinking right now?    Last night I dreamt that they made no significant pitching acquisitions and brought Tillman and about 25 unproven pitchers to camp to let them compete for the 3-5 spots.    But I don’t think that’s what actually happens.  I’m simply not going to waste a lot of energy on guessing what they’ll do or worrying about the current roster, which won’t be the final one — there’s roughly 7 weeks until pitchers and catchers report and we’ll see what happens between now and then.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Who knows what they’re thinking right now?    Last night I dreamt that they made no significant pitching acquisitions and brought Tillman and about 25 unproven pitchers to camp to let them compete for the 3-5 spots.    But I don’t think that’s what actually happens.  I’m simply not going to waste a lot of energy on guessing what they’ll do or worrying about the current roster, which won’t be the final one — there’s roughly 7 weeks until pitchers and catchers report and we’ll see what happens between now and then.    

Nice post, and I am totally on board with this.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Good post.  I wish I had your patience.  It's frustrating to my inpatient self that a last place team with 3 holes in the rotation hasn't done a darn thing this offseason.  The next 7 weeks will tell all.

4 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Good post.  I wish I had your patience.  It's frustrating to my inpatient self that a last place team with 3 holes in the rotation hasn't done a darn thing this offseason.  The next 7 weeks will tell all.

Patience is easy for me, I gave up on the 2018 season back in '16.

Would love to get a little friendly wager competition type thing going on how many Major League SP will the O's acquire between now and say February 1st.

Ubaldo Jimenez was signed on Feb 17th.

Gallardo was signed on Feb 20th.

I would like to put forth a Theory that the quality left over in mid-February is rather sub-par.  I was told we were looking to be more proactive this offseason.

Archived