Orioles out On Cobb per Roch

bpilktree

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the category of the CBA that I think the O's fall into for signing a FA with a QO:

• A team that didn’t exceed the luxury tax and also received revenue sharing in the preceding season would forfeit only its third-highest pick in the next year’s draft.

Here are the three categories for FA compensation:

• Any team that paid the luxury tax in the preceding season will forfeit its second- and fifth-highest draft selections in next year’s draft as well as $1MM of its international bonus pool in the upcoming period.
  • A team that did not exceed the luxury tax threshold but contributes to revenue sharing would forfeit its second-highesr draft pick as well as $500K of its upcoming international bonus pool.
  • A team that didn’t exceed the luxury tax and also received revenue sharing in the preceding season would forfeit only its third-highest pick in the next year’s draft.

The way I read it teams that have a revenue score of a 100 or more are Payors.   Teams with less than a 100 are Payees meaning  they receive revenue sharing.   The O's score in 2016 was 70.   The score is re-formulated every year but with the O's attendance dropping in 2017 I have to believe they received revenue sharing in 2017.

30 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This is the category of the CBA that I think the O's fall into for signing a FA with a QO:

Here are the three categories for FA compensation:

• Any team that paid the luxury tax in the preceding season will forfeit its second- and fifth-highest draft selections in next year’s draft as well as $1MM of its international bonus pool in the upcoming period.
  • A team that did not exceed the luxury tax threshold but contributes to revenue sharing would forfeit its second-highesr draft pick as well as $500K of its upcoming international bonus pool.

The way I read it teams that have a revenue score of a 100 or more are Payors.   Teams with less than a 100 are Payees meaning  they receive revenue sharing.   The O's score in 2016 was 70.   The score is re-formulated every year but with the O's attendance dropping in 2017 I have to believe they received revenue sharing in 2017.

The Orioles attendance was not a significant drop.

They dropped about 1,700 a game, they were still up over 2 million in total attendance.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Roch Kubatko for about the third time has said the Orioles like Cobb,but too expensive. Also like Vargas and Cashner.Just tweeted out again, today.

Basically, Roch’s talking points are what the organization wants fans to believe.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

The Orioles attendance was not a significant drop.

They dropped about 1,700 a game, they were still up over 2 million in total attendance.

Their revenue score was 70 in 2016.  They surely did not improve in 2017.  If the score in less than 100 they received revenue sharing is the way I read the CBA,

9 minutes ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

If I am right, their 3rd highest pick would be a 2nd round pick (with its slot money).  We have our 1st round pick(I think 12th) and a competitive balance pick after the 1st round...3rd pick would be in the 2nd round.

I think the competitive balance pick are assigned in December so we do not know where the O's fall yet.  Last year they were in Round B which in after the 2nd round.  I think its a lottery so the O's could fall  in Round A or Round B in next years draft.

42 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think the competitive balance pick are assigned in December so we do not know where the O's fall yet.  Last year they were in Round B which in after the 2nd round.  I think its a lottery so the O's could fall  in Round A or Round B in next years draft.

The lottery is gone with the new CBA.

The teams in round A and round B switch every year as long as the teams still qualify for the pick.

So the Orioles will pick in round A in 2018.

Archived