If Manny stays he should play 3B.

wildcard

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, weams said:

Yea, that list isn't so good.

1.  We don't know, definitively, if 2018 Machado is better at short than Beckham.
  2. Isn't this their first point listed a second time?  And I'll counter with What if Machado abilities at short were overated?
  3. Who cares if he's happy?  I'll take sullen with a chip on his shoulder going into his walk year.
  4. You know what will improve Machado's trade value?  The team picking him being able to slap a QO on him.
  5. Unless a shortstop falls out of the sky Beckham is going to be back at short for 2019-2020.  I'd rather he get more reps at short.
  6. How is this even listed? 

11 hours ago, gtman55 said:

My theory is they're moving him to short to showcase his versatility. They know they can't sign him and they know we're not a playoff caliber team. This way his value should be higher when we trade him to a desperate contender at the deadline.

You’re giving the Oriole FO far more credit than what they’ve historically shown. However, if this is an actual tactic, then whatever gets his butt out the door to get them some value if they aren’t attempting to sign him.

3 hours ago, cimota said:

He did choose to pitch Jiminez over Britton with the season on the line.  Also he values guys who have been on the team several years over other players.  

Anyway your post is childish.  Do you disagree that Machado is better third baseman than Beckham?  I am guessing you do not so I am not sure why you had such an attackimg post.

No, but I think Machado is a head and shoulders better shortstop than Beckham and that shortstop is a significantly more important position defensively.   And that is what Buck thinks.  And you can bash Buck all you want.   Not a problem.  

Archived