outfield / 1B / S.Smith ? D.Ackley.

mopaniac

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mopaniac said:

When he was traded to the Yankee's at the 2015 trade deadline  ack was their top hitter the last 30 game's  that yr  and talk about his def. Skills .991 at 5 pos.  Better numbers than zobrist .

This is 2018 season, and 2015 is a long time ago.

We need a SS capable UIF, and a LHB OF.

19 minutes ago, mopaniac said:

When he was traded to the Yankee's at the 2015 trade deadline  ack was their top hitter the last 30 game's  that yr  and talk about his def. Skills .991 at 5 pos.  Better numbers than zobrist .

Genuinely curious: Are you and Ackley friends? Family?

30 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Genuinely curious: Are you and Ackley friends? Family?

20 minutes ago, mopaniac said:

Not really  but Boras was talking to Balt. Last yr and then decided to go w/Angels  so Ack rehab.in salt lk.  But now he's  healthy and will be back in mlb in 18' might actually  be with detroit tho, close to home.   

I am genuinely curious too.  It is clear you not only like him as a player but speak on his behalf across a wide berth of platforms.  I think that is admirable.  I would do the same for a friend or for a family member.  Who wouldn't.  We have had family here before....Happy to  have your insight.

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I am guessing agent.

I would hope Ackley’s agent would write in full sentences with at least a reasonable amount of grammatical control. I’m not a stickler for proper writing on a message board, but at least put enough effort that it is easily legible.

2 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I would hope Ackley’s agent would write in full sentences with at least a reasonable amount of grammatical control. I’m not a stickler for proper writing on a message board, but at least put enough effort that it is easily legible.

It's reverse psychology. As Ackley's agent, he is trying to drum up fan demand for Ackley. To do that, he needs to act and write like a messageboard fan. His persona is an agent's impression of "authentic" fan behavior. That's how I read it.

49 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

It's reverse psychology. As Ackley's agent, he is trying to drum up fan demand for Ackley. To do that, he needs to act and write like a messageboard fan. His persona is an agent's impression of "authentic" fan behavior. That's how I read it.

Man, poor Dustin must be really be having trouble finding work if his agent has to come on here and pretend to be a fan. Lol.

26 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Man, poor Dustin must be really be having trouble finding work if his agent has to come on here and pretend to be a fan. Lol.

I haven't noticed any evidence that this board has any pull with the Orioles front office.   Seems like a waste of effort to convince US to want to sign Ackley.

Archived