Manny ranked the no. 8 3B “right now” by MLB Network; Beckham ranked no. 10 SS

Frobby

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Is it just me or is Flaherty mouthing,” Come on, **censored**” at the pitcher here?

Lip reading is an inexact science.  I’ll leave it up to individual interpretation.

I changed the word in question to censored, too recognizable.

5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Lip reading is an inexact science.  I’ll leave it up to individual interpretation.

I changed the word in question to censored, too recognizable.

I think it’s pretty obvious. Do you think by changing the word to “censored” people are thrown off by the video?

It’s harmless anyway, he’s self-motivating. I used to do it myself.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

I think it’s pretty obvious. Do you think by changing the word to “censored” people are thrown off by the video?

It’s harmless anyway, he’s self-motivating. I used to do it myself.

I’ll remove the clip if anyone has an issue with it, I agree it’s harmless and a fun clip (I mean, I posted it). I’d add it’s only obvious to someone who is familiar with the phrase. So a kid who saw the video wouldn’t think anything of it. (If someone disagrees, let me know and I’ll remove it.)

The board rules state no recognizable words with @*%! etc added, that’s the only reason I changed it. You didn’t do anything wrong IMO.  

5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I’ll remove the clip if anyone has an issue with it, I agree it’s harmless and a fun clip (I mean, I posted it). I’d add it’s only obvious to someone who is familiar with the phrase. So a kid who saw the video wouldn’t think anything of it. (If someone disagrees, let me know and I’ll remove it.)

The board rules state no recognizable words with @*%! etc added, that’s the only reason I changed it. You didn’t do anything wrong IMO.  

I believe board rules refer to written posts, but I could be wrong. 

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Trey Mancini comes in at #5 at LF on MLB's "Right Now" list.  Surprised he would be ranked that high this soon.  

Was this The Shredder’s rankings? That seems crazy to me. By WAR he was 14th among qualified left fielders, if you want to ignore defensive metrics and just go by offense, he was 9th in wRC+. Someone would really have to be squinting to see Mancini as the 5th best left fielder in baseball.

11 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Was this The Shredder’s rankings? That seems crazy to me. By WAR he was 14th among qualified left fielders, if you want to ignore defensive metrics and just go by offense, he was 9th in wRC+. Someone would really have to be squinting to see Mancini as the 5th best left fielder in baseball.

Yes it was the shredder's ranking, which surprised me.  None of the experts had Mancini that high.  I think Bill James had Mancini at 6th on his list.  

First baseman list:

1. Joey Votto (Cincinnati Reds)

2. Freddie Freeman (Atlanta Braves)

3. Paul Goldschmidt (Arizona Diamondbacks)

4. Anthony Rizzo (Chicago Cubs)

5. Cody Bellinger (Los Angeles Dodgers)

6. Jose Abreu (Chicago White Sox)

7. Edwin Encarnación (Cleveland Indians)

8. Brandon Belt (San Francisco Giants)

9. Matt Carpenter (St. Louis Cardinals)

10. Carlos Santana (Philadelphia Phillies)

Pretty shocked to see Davis didn't make it.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

First baseman list:

1. Joey Votto (Cincinnati Reds)

2. Freddie Freeman (Atlanta Braves)

3. Paul Goldschmidt (Arizona Diamondbacks)

4. Anthony Rizzo (Chicago Cubs)

5. Cody Bellinger (Los Angeles Dodgers)

6. Jose Abreu (Chicago White Sox)

7. Edwin Encarnación (Cleveland Indians)

8. Brandon Belt (San Francisco Giants)

9. Matt Carpenter (St. Louis Cardinals)

10. Carlos Santana (Philadelphia Phillies)

Pretty shocked to see Davis didn't make it.

They are definitely not taking defense too seriously with that list.

13 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

They are definitely not taking defense too seriously with that list.

Encarnacion has never played more than 80 games at first base for a season in his career. He played 23 there last season.  It's like handing Palmeiro a gold glove.

Archived