Luke's Top 50 Orioles Prospects!

weams

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I thought you were calling the 40-50 group fringe.

Everything after 18-20 is pretty fringe honestly, #35-36+ is really fringe. I was just wondering if there are any little known names you all think should be in the 30+ range. 

Curran has legit power, and an easy swing for a slugger. There is some length to it and he’s a raw player, so there are going to be swing and miss issues. The loss in development time hurts a bit, he’ll most likely be a slow mover.

2 hours ago, weams said:

o

Lukes' 50 !!!

o

o

When I first read the title of the thread, my reaction was "Luke Scott IS NOT 50 ....... he's not even 40 yet."

But if I had read it more carefully, I would have noticed that you put the apostrophe after the "s", not before.

o

20 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

When I first read the title of the thread, my reaction was "Luke Scott IS NOT 50 ....... he's not even 40 yet."

o

I was thinking similarly, except I thought he hit 50 HR's in a season somewhere, but I couldn't think of any leagues playing right now.

Looking forward to the rest of the list Luke

40 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Looking forward to seeing the whole list.  Curious as to why you have Josh Harrison as an example of a 45 player when he's had two AS appearances (including a 5+ WAR season).

Yeah, I probably could of come up with a better example (he may be more of a 50), but I wanted an example of a non everyday player that still is a solid contributor. Outside of the career year, his other seasons have been .2, 0, 1.2, 1.4, and 2.6 fWAR which fits the role 45. rWAR likes him a lot more, so you are right.

Sticking with Pirates, Jordy Mercer is probably a better example of a 45.

The examples are hard to do because a player can change so much throughout their career, so I tried to pick guys who had consistent levels of performance over most of the career at least.

1 hour ago, billw76 said:

I was thinking similarly, except I thought he hit 50 HR's in a season somewhere, but I couldn't think of any leagues playing right now.

Looking forward to the rest of the list Luke

I thought the same. I think he's in Japan. whoops wrong It was Korea. But no more. https://www.si.com/mlb/2014/07/16/former-mlb-player-luke-scott-fired-korean-team-after-confrontation-manager

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

But if I had read it more carefully, I would have noticed that you put the apostrophe after the "s", not before.

o

I was wondering the same thing.

13 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Looking forward to seeing the whole list.  Curious as to why you have Josh Harrison as an example of a 45 player when he's had two AS appearances (including a 5+ WAR season).

I thought it was interesting that Strop was a 45 but Brach was a 50.   Their careers are pretty indistinguishable.   

Strop: 3.18 ERA, 130 ERA+, 3.26 FIP, 3.40 xFIP, 7.5 rWAR, 5.5 fWAR in 400 IP.

Brach: 3.00 ERA, 134 ERA+, 3.68 FIP, 3.86 xFIP, 6.4 rWAR, 3.4 fWAR in 393 IP.

But, I don’t mean to provoke a side-debate about that.    I’d rather discuss the Oriole prospects.   So far, I don’t have any quarrel with these guys being ranked as 35’s, though I’d hope that a year from now some of them might merit a higher ranking.    

Archived