Dan talking "offers and physicals" with a RF target

interloper

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weams said:

There are only three lefthanded only batters on the 40 man roster.

I would be happy starting the season with Davis, Sisco and Santander in the lineup vs. RHP. Stewart will be up before the season is over. Play the kids and get ready for 2019. We don't need no stinkin' free agent outfielder.

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

I would be happy starting the season with Davis, Sisco and Santander in the lineup vs. RHP. Stewart will be up before the season is over. Play the kids and get ready for 2019. We don't need no stinkin' free agent outfielder.

They will get one or two though. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

They will get one or two though. 

And then be forced to play them over a young player because of the salary commitment they've made, just as they are committed to playing Trumbo and Davis because of their salaries. It's just too bad.

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

And then be forced to play them over a young player because of the salary commitment they've made, just as they are committed to playing Trumbo and Davis because of their salaries. It's just too bad.

Or sign a couple to MiLB contracts and let them battle it out. Royale. 

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

They've painted themselves into this corner. I can almost forgive the Davis signing, but the Trumbo signing (with Mancini waiting in the wings) was such as terrible move. I'm not sure who's call that was, but it was  a terrible one. 

So with Austin Jackson getting 2/6, with some incentives. I don’t see Dyson getting much more. 2/10 or 2/12 seems pretty fair and might be an overpay. 

Getting Dyson for 2/10 and Seth Smith for 1/3, would be a coup compared to what we all thought was going to happen. I know it actually has to happen first, but finally DD has played this offseason right. 

22 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They've painted themselves into this corner. I can almost forgive the Davis signing, but the Trumbo signing (with Mancini waiting in the wings) was such as terrible move. I'm not sure who's call that was, but it was  a terrible one. 

I have no confirmation of this, but I suspect that the Trumbo signing was influenced directly by what happened with Nelson Cruz.  They saw Cruz go off and continue to amaze, and figured they couldn't let another big HR get away.  The funny thing is I actually thought they made the right decision on Cruz at the time (though it ended up being very much the wrong decision).  But yeah, that Trumbo signing - yuck.

23 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I have no confirmation of this, but I suspect that the Trumbo signing was influenced directly by what happened with Nelson Cruz.  They saw Cruz go off and continue to amaze, and figured they couldn't let another big HR get away.  The funny thing is I actually thought they made the right decision on Cruz at the time (though it ended up being very much the wrong decision).  But yeah, that Trumbo signing - yuck.

This was most likely the thinking behind it. 

52 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Thing is, Cruz’s track record prior to his 2014 season was more consistent than Trumbo’s before his 2016 season.   And, Cruz 2014>Trumbo 2016.     However, Cruz was 3.5 years older when he reached free agency compared to Trumbo.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thing is, Cruz’s track record prior to his 2014 season was more consistent than Trumbo’s before his 2016 season.   And, Cruz 2014>Trumbo 2016.     However, Cruz was 3.5 years older when he reached free agency compared to Trumbo.   

I thought the Doctors told the Orioles, they didnt think Cruz's knees would hold up for that 4th year of the deal, he wanted?

Archived