Duquette says he wants to stay

Frobby

I keep seeing how he destroyed the farm system which makes no sense to me as we have some high ranked guys in the minors and with the position we were drafting imo a strong farm system in the future.  They have done very well drafting last three years or so.  He is also handicapped by not being able to spen on young international talent and a much smaller financial commitment in scouting in Latin America.  

I don't understand Dan or Buck's status.  Both of them have been here a while, and both had a substantial track record before coming here.  Peter Angelos has had plenty of time to evaluate them.  Either extend them, fire them or have them announce their intent to retire after this season if that is their preference.  Why the uncertainty?  

13 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

I keep seeing how he destroyed the farm system which makes no sense to me as we have some high ranked guys in the minors and with the position we were drafting imo a strong farm system in the future.  They have done very well drafting last three years or so.  He is also handicapped by not being able to spen on young international talent and a much smaller financial commitment in scouting in Latin America.  

He's traded away a rotations worth of young pitching, traded three draft picks (well traded one sold two) and has forfeited three draft picks.

Yes the drafting and development folks have done a nice job with what they have to work with.

I believe neither Dan nor Buck are coming back.  At least not in positions they hold.  Of course what do I know..I am surely wrong.  A well run organization would not start a year with:

GM on last year of contract

Manager on last year of contract

Best player on last year of contract

Team leader on last year of contract

Best reliever on last year of contract

Owner blocks trades of star reliever

Owner limits trades of best player

Owner not interested in large contracts, long contracts except for players he likes. Then he insists.

Owner won't allow international signings

I mean, I really get why Dan says I don't know how we are gonna get em.  But if I was an owner and I had a plan for 2018...I'd name a GM..Dan, Buck, Brady, Me, you...a dog named Boo!  I'd put someone in charge and make sure all of Baseball knew we were on top of our game...

That is not where we are....

Hey Pete?!!!  Hello????  Bueller?

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I believe for all the criticism (and some warranted), he has made more better mores than bad ones. 

I believe those folks calling for the Angelos family to say that they are not interested in renewing Buck or Dan at this point are completely wrong. 

Archived