O's utility infielder no longer needs to play SS

wildcard

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I disagree, Buck doesn't like moving position players during the middle of a game, unless its truly an emergency.

I still see the UINF on Buck's team, as a guy that can play SS.

Whether Buck will move a player mid game depends on the player.  I doubt he will have any problem moving Beckham to SS if Manny needs a replacement.   That is Beckham natural position.

Just now, wildcard said:

Whether Buck will move a player mid game depends on the player.  I doubt he will have any problem moving Beckham to SS if Manny needs a replacement.   That is Beckham natural position.

I am basing what I said straight from Buck's mouth, he said he doesn't like moving a player during the game and will rarely do it.

Right or wrong, its how Buck feels, and thats how he will manage.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I am basing what I said straight from Buck's mouth, he said he doesn't like moving a player during the game and will rarely do it.

Right or wrong, its how Buck feels, and thats how he will manage.

I have never heard him say that.  I have seen him move Davis  mid game.  He moves players in the outfield mid game all the time.

Just now, wildcard said:

I have never heard him say that.  I have seen him move Davis  mid game.  He moves players in the outfield mid game all the time.

He was talking specially infielders, what happens, and how left side of the diamond players are easier to move to the right, then vice versa, but he said, he doesn't like doing that in mid-game.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

He was talking specially infielders, what happens, and how left side of the diamond players are easier to move to the right, then vice versa, but he said, he doesn't like doing that in mid-game.

So you are saying that if Manny got hurt mid game Buck would not move Beckham to SS.  I find that hard to believe.

30 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I disagree, Buck doesn't like moving position players during the middle of a game, unless its truly an emergency.

I still see the UINF on Buck's team, as a guy that can play SS.

I think Buck see's Beckham asa super UT guy who eventually plays everywhere.

Just now, wildcard said:

So you are saying that if Manny got hurt mid game Buck would not move Beckham to SS.  I find that hard to believe.

The MASN reporter was asking him to explain why it was so important for the Util guy on the bench to be able to play SS, for example, if Hardy was to get hurt, when he could just move Manny over to SS, move Davis to 3rd and plug just about anybody into 1st and call somebody from AAA to come in and play SS.

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Last year Buck did not want to move Manny off 3rd to cover SS.  He wanted Manny to stay at 3rd base because Manny was a gold glover at 3rd and he didn't want to weakens the defense.  Manny's move to SS changes all that.

You're still not making sense. Using your own words you're saying that, Buck "IS" willing to weaken their defense this season (by moving Manny to SS) so they'll have more position flexibility with their utility slot. Yeah, that makes perfect sense (heavy eye roll). 

FYI - Arguing with wildcard is a

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So now the premise of this post is that moving Manny to SS will give us to the flexibility to replace him with Beckham mid game if he gets hurts? If this thread was a horse I'd ship it to the glue factory. 

Archived