Only two more weeks...

Ohfan67

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I don't think it would ever happen, but IF we were to sign some of the top pitchers to one year deals above market value just to make a one year run, I would be okay with that.  Even if it meant we'll suck for the foreseeable future.

The upside is we win it all.  The downside is we still suck, but they we have 3 free agent starters, Manny, Schoop, Jones, Britton, and Brach to trade at the deadline.  WIN-WIN either way!

It will never happen but go all in if you're not trading anyone.  At least give it one shot before several years of suckitude.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, weams said:

Orioles originally drafted him. He did not sign. 

Supposedly because he did poorly on that Ritterpusch (sp?) test the Orioles gave to psychologically evaluate their prospects, and it turns out part of the reason he did poorly was that the test was badly translated into Spanish.

43 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They would have to pay for their own insurance against injury.

Also, where would they play? 

I started this, I think,  in complete non-seriousness. It's my impression that, at least in the northeast,  independent teams have not had trouble finding places to play, including college fields that aren't used in the summer. (Yale, Holy Cross and Montclair (NJ) State are three that I know of.) The independent teams invest some money in sprucing them up, adding capacity if necessary, and outfitting them for (I'm guessing removable) outfield advertising.

28 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I started this, I think,  in complete non-seriousness. It's my impression that, at least in the northeast,  independent teams have not had trouble finding places to play, including college fields that aren't used in the summer. (Yale, Holy Cross and Montclair (NJ) State are three that I know of.) The independent teams invest some money in sprucing them up, adding capacity if necessary, and outfitting them for (I'm guessing removable) outfield advertising.

How big is the capacity of those fields?  Do you think they suit up to play in front of a thousand paying fans?

On MLB Radio,  I keep hearing talk about why the owners aren't signing players and why the players aren't taking the offers they've been given.

BUT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS DOING TO THE FANS

There has been virtually no offseason for fans this year. It's boring as hell. They argue over "pace of play." What about pace of offseason?

I hope Major League Baseball pays a price for this at the turnstiles, and I hope they learn that the calendar they created to keep fan interest high from the end of the World Series to the beginning of spring training doesn't work unless there is player movement from the Winter Meetings to the beginning of spring training. That's what is supposed to be happening now. But nine days before pitchers and catchers report, they all have nothing for us except good reasons why nothing is happening.

Well, let them all point fingers at each other now. Later, if they don't fix this mess, they can go eat rocks for all I care. 

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

On MLB Radio,  I keep hearing talk about why the owners aren't signing players and why the players aren't taking the offers they've been given.

BUT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS DOING TO THE FANS

There has been virtually no offseason for fans this year. It's boring as hell. They argue over "pace of play." What about pace of offseason?

I hope Major League Baseball pays a price for this at the turnstiles, and I hope they learn that the calendar they created to keep fan interest high from the end of the World Series to the beginning of spring training doesn't work unless there is player movement from the Winter Meetings to the beginning of spring training. That's what is supposed to be happening now. But nine days before pitchers and catchers report, they all have nothing for us except good reasons why nothing is happening.

Well, let them all point fingers at each other now. Later, if they don't fix this mess, they can go eat rocks for all I care. 

I've been tempted to act like I care about football.

Archived