Only two more weeks...

Ohfan67

Until the reporting date for pitchers and catchers. This has to be one of the most boring offseason for an Orioles organization that has produced a lot of boring offseasons. I can't wait until we can read those super optimistic early spring training reports. So-and-so is incredible shape! Some other player had a personal epiphany in the offseason! Seriously, I can't wait for some action. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we make some squares, you know like Super Bowl squares for who the pitchers are?

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Until the reporting date for pitchers and catchers. This has to be one of the most boring offseason for an Orioles organization that has produced a lot of boring offseasons. I can't wait until we can read those super optimistic early spring training reports. So-and-so is incredible shape! Some other player had a personal epiphany in the offseason! Seriously, I can't wait for some action. 

Seriously, I threw with my son the other day.  The ball was really coming out of my hand well.  Maybe as well as it ever has. I could not be more excited about the coming season and the opportunity to just work and be with the guys.  We just gotta play it one game at a time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Offensively, yes, but Mayo has a similar number of errors as he does homers so he really has work to do with the glove. His time will come but right now, Urias is the better option.
    • I'm far from a professional athlete, but there's just certain things in life that you can still do and just not recover from as quickly. Time is undefeated. He may only be a twice a week guy at this point.
    • How was I supposed to know we were on a streak like this without Melanie Newman talking about it every 37 seconds? 1000% she says “Gracias” after ordering her meal at a Mexican restaurant.
    • Anyone can.  I played organized ball until I was 49. (school, rec, over 30, over 40)   Struggled with that my last 2 years.  You're almost afraid to throw the ball.   Can't imagine how frustrating that would be at the pro level.
    • In Wildcard's defense, he did point to Mountcastle's less than ideal numbers last year vs righties as well. Now obviously this year's numbers are a small sample size, but with Kjerstad basically benched, the idea of monitoring Mountcastle to see if his struggles against right-handers continues was worthy of discussion in my opinion. Now maybe the title of his thread here is the issue more than the conversation. Obviously Mounty crushed that homer last night off Harvey so now some people will be like, "See he can hit right-handers just fine," but at the end of the day, keep an eye on how a player is performing when another may be able to do better in his place is a worthy discussion in my opinion. Hays had a small sample size this year before he was basically replaced by Colton Cowser before he got hurt. Hays also struggled the second half of last year. So sometimes a "small sample size" might be enough to make some adjustments to a player's playign time. Now saying all that, Mountcastle wasn't struggling that badly and as @Frobby point out was actually 104 +rc and his defense is clearly superior to O'Hearn at first base. With all that said, Mountcastle is going to still get the vast majority of at bats at 1B this year against right-handers unless he suddenly drops into the mid .600 OPS wise.
    • Not even a question. I’d much rather see Mayo get his big league licks than watch one more second of Urias. 
    • No we don’t. I don’t care what the numbers say,  no one is confident in this pen in October in the big moments.  
  • Popular Contributors