Only two more weeks...

Ohfan67

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been tempted to act like I care about football.

I've been watching basketball. Auburn is good this year, plus I've got into the NBA a little. Celtics are fun, partly because I grew up a fan, and partly style of play. Lot of spacing and great switching on defense. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So DDs typical style of waiting till only the dregs are remaining and signing the worst left has been upended by this year’s collusion. 

We always heard from DD and his supporters here that every year he was waiting to let the market “sort out” so as to not err by an overpay. 

So now it is clear.  DD is not active in most all of any offseason no matter whether it is a busy one where choices quickly narrow or as quiet as a mouse with plenty of choices out there for the taking.  He must just turn his phone off for the first few months and show up only when he needs to at winter meetings, FanFest before then getting on down to Florida.   Nice work if you can get it. 

28 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I've been watching basketball. Auburn is good this year, plus I've got into the NBA a little. Celtics are fun, partly because I grew up a fan, and partly style of play. Lot of spacing and great switching on defense. 

I've been watching Serie del Caribe getting my fix and practicing my Espanol. Passport: engaged. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I've been watching Serie del Caribe getting my fix and practicing my Espanol. Passport: engaged. 

Actually, I AM getting excited about Drew Hutchinson and John Jay....when does Raffy get his "invite"?

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How big is the capacity of those fields?  Do you think they suit up to play in front of a thousand paying fans?

Yale - 5,000

Montclair State - 5, 000

Holy Cross - 3,000 . From Wikipedia:  "The stadium was upgraded in 2005 when the Worcester Tornadoes made it their home, they changed the name, and upgraded the seating and lighting of the stadium, which has a capacity of approximately 3,000 spectators."

38 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

On MLB Radio,  I keep hearing talk about why the owners aren't signing players and why the players aren't taking the offers they've been given.

BUT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS DOING TO THE FANS

There has been virtually no offseason for fans this year. It's boring as hell. They argue over "pace of play." What about pace of offseason?

I hope Major League Baseball pays a price for this at the turnstiles, and I hope they learn that the calendar they created to keep fan interest high from the end of the World Series to the beginning of spring training doesn't work unless there is player movement from the Winter Meetings to the beginning of spring training. That's what is supposed to be happening now. But nine days before pitchers and catchers report, they all have nothing for us except good reasons why nothing is happening.

Well, let them all point fingers at each other now. Later, if they don't fix this mess, they can go eat rocks for all I care. 

In recent off-seasons, I've looked at MLB Trade Rumors daily, and usually a few times a day. This year, it's more like twice a week. There's just nothing of interest there, despite bloggers' and reporters'' efforts find something to write about.

11 minutes ago, weams said:

Just think how fun next weekend will be though! Just Think. Signings for my Birthday!

I'll believe it when I see it.

They might wait another week+ and have signingson my birthday.

I just hope we have signings before Peter Angelos' birthday.

I really wonder if the logjam won’t break this week.    There’s a reason pitchers and catchers report when they do.    Sure, you can sign a pitcher on March 1 and try to rush them to be ready for Opening Day, but you’re really risking getting his season off to a rocky start.   Both the teams and the pitchers know this.    

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really wonder if the logjam won’t break this week.    There’s a reason pitchers and catchers report when they do.    Sure, you can sign a pitcher on March 1 and try to rush them to be ready for Opening Day, but you’re really risking getting his season off to a rocky start.   Both the teams and the pitchers know this.    

I truly believe that the good free agent pitchers have done cardio only up to this point. 

Archived