Britton: Most haven't even been approached to come back, don't know where the org. sees itself next year

interloper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, you could almost fire up conspiracies of a sale of the organization. I mean, they haven't participated in FA, they haven't approached their players for extensions (including Jones, Machado, Schoop, Gausman, and Britton that we are aware of from just this offseason's news cycle), they've reduced payroll by $40 million seemingly no intent to bump it back up...

OR

They're just really this bad at running a baseball team.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

At this point, you could almost fire up conspiracies of a sale of the organization. I mean, they haven't participated in FA, they haven't approached their players for extensions (including Jones, Machado, Schoop, Gausman, and Britton that we are aware of from just this offseason's news cycle), they've reduced payroll by $40 million seemingly no intent to bump it back up...

OR

Please be the former. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

OR

I'm picking the latter.

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

OR

Unfortunately, I think it’s the latter. And the lame duck status of the GM and the manager isn’t helping.  

A few years ago I thought that the sale would happen after this year.  The Orioles didn't have much on the books, they were reticent to give anything past a three year deal and they werent pursuing extensions.  That was before Davis and Trumbo signed their current deals.

I still think the sale happens after this year, and although the right thing to do is start a rebuild I think that's not how the Angelos' want their last year going down.

Just now, Frobby said:

Unfortunately, I think it’s the latter. And the lame duck status of the GM and the manager isn’t helping.  

My question is why Angelos cares about the lame duck status. Does he really care that much about letting a new GM/manager construct their own team that he would just punt on this season? Without getting anything in return for the players he's paying? Or without generating excitement by adding to the team to increase ticket sales this year?

It doesn't make SENSE. 

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

1. We don't want our current players.

2. We don't want any new players.

3. We don't want to give our players to other teams for other players.

What exactly do they want?

Hahaha, so well put.  I think it's:

We like our guys who are under control, don't want our guys PAST their six years here, but want to keep them around until we absolutely have to say good bye.

And new players???  Cmon, we like OUR guys.

Archived