Your level of apathy level for the 2018 season

Moose Milligan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I can add Cashner to Davis and Trumbo as faces on TV that will cause me to change the channel.

The O's are going to be pretty much unwatchable.

No reason to expect that Cashner will be any better than Ubaldo or Miley.... perfect signing by the O's.... doesn't strike out anybody, walks too many... just a perfect fit to the O's starting rotation.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just curious, why not?  I'm planning on cutting the cord and getting a VPN to watch Orioles games.  Is MLB.TV not good quality or what?

I’ve used it since 2010 and the quality has steadily improved although it’s still not 100% reliable. Using VPN may degrade the experience if it chokes the bandwidth.

28 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Only through rock-bottom expectations does the possibility of an '89 or '12 occur.

So then you are saying that it is possible but not probable?  :ph34r:

Even though you are being "real" and not overly hyped, I am reading between the lines to an '89 or '12, so that is good (#JoyinMudville)!  Bring it on!

20 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I’ve used it since 2010 and the quality has steadily improved although it’s still not 100% reliable. Using VPN may degrade the experience if it chokes the bandwidth.

For me, it's usually 15 - 30 seconds behind actuality so if you get an alert that a HR has occurred, you can wake up and watch it happen (assuming it's the O's big fellas).

As stated here...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22457017/mlb-stock-watch-superteams-enemies-boras-here-where-all-30-teams-stand

This is the Orioles part....

Pre-spring training win projection: 69.6

Change in win projection from January forecast: minus-4.5 (Rank: 28)

Playoff probability: 2 percent | Championship probability: zero percent

Some things are hard to understand. For instance, they are opening a Taco Bell in my neighborhood that will serve beer and margaritas. Also, what are the Orioles doing?

With Manny Machado heading into his walk year, if you wanted to load up for one more season, perhaps in hopes of persuading him to stay because of a flood of good vibes, it would be defensible. And perhaps no team had a more glaring area to fix; Baltimore's 2017 starting rotation was terrible.

Yet the Orioles have done ... nothing, which would also be defensible if Baltimore were headed into a rebuild. That does not appear to be the case, and the Orioles open camp with what appears to be three legit big-league starting pitchers, even after Thursday's reported signing of Andrew Cashner. You're keeping Manny for this?

So I'm in the camp of it's going to be a long summer... Then again where are these Taco Bells at? Could help ALOT!

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Only through rock-bottom expectations does the possibility of an '89 or '12 occur.

That's my strategy for watching the team,. I think whether it gets me through the whole season is likely to depend on how much the team on the field resembles the Orioles of the future. 

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just curious, why not?  I'm planning on cutting the cord and getting a VPN to watch Orioles games.  Is MLB.TV not good quality or what?

I am travellng much less than before...I used to go down to my beach place a lot and used it there...MASN at home in VA and can’t use MLb tv there. 

13 hours ago, bobmc said:

For me, it's usually 15 - 30 seconds behind actuality so if you get an alert that a HR has occurred, you can wake up and watch it happen (assuming it's the O's big fellas).

It's especially sporting to try and comment in the game thread when you're experiencing a 30-second delay.  On really big plays I've been as much as three pages behind with an immediate post.

My expectations for the season aren't very high, but I am excited for the season to start. That excitement will change pretty quick though if the team starts out horrible and it continues past the first month. If that happens I'll just hope that someone in the warehouse can finally make a decision on what the plan for the future is.

Archived