Why not Lucroy?

Just Regular

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm not a Joseph fan, though I hear he is a fine fellow. I used to be. But the bloom is off him for me. 

I like that. I feel like we give Joseph a free pass too much. I guess because the cup injury and all. Welington will be missed.  I don’t buy that he affected the pitching.  We just had terrible pitching.

I think this is a moot point because Sisco is going to rake this ST.

55 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like that. I feel like we give Joseph a free pass too much. I guess because the cup injury and all. Welington will be missed.  I don’t buy that he affected the pitching.  We just had terrible pitching.

I think this is a moot point because Sisco is going to rake this ST.

Yet stats showed that the terrible pitching the Orioles had were a lot better with Joseph, not Castillo, behind the plate.

1 hour ago, tropicos said:

If we were trotting out both Hardy & Joseph everyday, than Lucroy's OBP would be a welcome boost. However, in our current state, I don't mind one very subpar hitter in the lineup who provides very good defense at catcher.  Defense & pitch-calling/framing is too important at catcher, especially with our main weakness coming from the starting pitching squad.  Castillo provided plenty of offense at C last year, didn't help much. Let Sisco bat if offense at C is a concern. I don't think Lucroy is much of an improvement, if any at all. 

I'd agree if Lucroy was bad defensively.  He's very good defensively AND could provide a better bat. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Sisco's power plays better in the majors and he could easily end up a 108 OPS+ guy with decent on base skills.

I also don't  want upwards of five slots on the 40 man roster going to catchers.

Not to worry. The team would dfa Susac or Wynns if they were to sign Lucroy.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So the fact that our starters’ ERA was like two runs/game higher with Castillo compared to Joseph is a coincidence in your view?    In my opinion, that’s too drastic of a difference to have been coincidental.  

Archived