Our old friend JTrea is very concerned about Brady

Aglets

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Pretty sure he was drafted before he pitched in the CoWS.

He only pitched 16.1 professional innings in 1989.

I believe you are correct.  LSU had no reason to save his arm and kept throwing (no pun intended) him out there trying to win the CoWS without any regard to his future

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having lurked a lot when JTrea and SportsGuy were on the board I was always amazed at how many people would engage with them in hopes of being able to use logic/facts to change their mind(s) when it had to be known that it was an impossible task - it went on for years.  Even reading their twisted logic proved to be too much for me...trying to engage them on the board would have probably resulted in a large head shaped hole in one of my walls.

47 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Having lurked a lot when JTrea and SportsGuy were on the board I was always amazed at how many people would engage with them in hopes of being able to use logic/facts to change their mind(s) when it had to be known that it was an impossible task - it went on for years.  Even reading their twisted logic proved to be too much for me...trying to engage them on the board would have probably resulted in a large head shaped hole in one of my walls.

Well, you can say one thing about them for sure -- they were memorable.

That in itself is a convincing argument to say whatever you can so long as it's inflammatory.  Just say the earth is flat or something.  Everyone knows Kyrie Irving for that now.

Everyone seems freaked out about Brady. But would much really change if he was a GM versus anyone that would actually come work as a GM for PA? I doubt it. 

I'm not even sure much changes when PA moves on because of how much could still be left behind in how the FO does business.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm still pretty brusque.

I just replied to a lengthy post about the Rays' RSN deal with a gif that adequately explained my opinion on the topic.

SG had a real problem with being challenged.

It was kind of like he literally got offended if his cogent argument didn't completely convince you that he was correct.

The concept of "agree to disagree" was not part of his vocabulary.

32 minutes ago, interloper said:

Everyone seems freaked out about Brady. But would much really change if he was a GM versus anyone that would actually come work as a GM for PA? I doubt it. 

I'm not even sure much changes when PA moves on because of how much could still be left behind in how the FO does business.

Actually, it could.

Brady is rumored to be one of the people that has Angelos' ear.   Angelos might trust his opinion.   He could convince Angelos to change some of his stances (against international signings for example), IF Brady was so inclined to try.   I don't think DD would ever be able to change Angelos' mind.

I'm not saying Brady would do that.   Just that he might be one of the few people who could.

• weams locked this topic

Archived