Rain delay exchanges

Going Underground

I think this a really good idea and I wish the Orioles would look into doing something like this. Sitting around for over an hour in the depths of the stadium gets boring and I have done it on a few occasions and sometimes have left. 

The Nationals still can’t control the weather, or guarantee their decision-making in conjunction with Major League Baseball’s meteorologists will be perfect, but they will offer some recourse for fans inconvenienced by weather delays going forward. Beginning this season, if a game is delayed by weather for more than an hour before the sixth inning, fans who purchased their tickets on Nationals.com may visit the box office outside Nationals Park on the day of the game and exchange their tickets for seats at a future game. Furthermore, fans who purchased tickets on Nationals.com to a game that is delayed by weather for more than hour before the sixth inning and who — perhaps after looking at the forecast — decided to stay home may exchange their tickets for seats at a limited number of future games. In previous years, tickets could only be exchanged if a game was postponed.

The Nationals’ weather guarantee is part of the team’s new “Curly W Commitment” announced Monday, an overview of the various services and opportunities available at Nationals Park based on fan feedback gathered year-round.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/02/26/nationals-to-offer-ticket-exchanges-in-the-event-of-long-rain-delays-this-season/?utm_term=.c60a1bb81a6a

Archived