Lance Lynn Signs with the Twins (One-Year Deal)

OFFNY

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

There's absolutely no way this FO can possibly say with a straight face that they are actively trying to win. There has never been a more friendly market for acquiring pitching and still nothing but flops.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This just proves that the FO has absoluteky no intention of competing this year.  I’ve said for weeks now, they’ve made it a point to not give anyone (pitcher or not) more than a 2 year deal so why not offer Lynn or Cobb a 1/$20 million deal so they won’t be tied to any other long contracts (while showing fans they’re at least trying to compete THIS year).  It is clear they don’t plan on being competitive and that should frustrate ANY O’s fan.

24 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

If we hear they made an offer and Lynn was just set on pitching with the Twins, it stings a bit less.

It'll either be that or "his medicals didn't look clean."

They'll use one excuse for Lynn and the other for Cobb.

If Cobb signs for less than this Lynn deal ..

13 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I am sure that is what the warehouse Angelos PR machine...I mean MASN will be putting out there in  three...two...one....

MASN will say it was too much money.  Or that the Orioles trust Mike Wright based on his "stellar" spring training.  Defending the Orioles must be exhausting for MASN.

o

And here I was in a good (baseball) mood because of the fact that I will get to see BOTH Hunter Harvey AND Andrew Cashner pitch tomorrow ........ Harvey on NESN in the afternoon against the Red Sox, and Cashner on MASN in the evening against the Pirates.

Oh, well.

o

This is the most shocking FA signing of the whole offseason to me.  Especially after how many teams were said to be looking for pitching and how many teams were mentioned as being interested...

He turned down a 17.4 million dollar qualifying offer.  This is bizarre.  O's could have given him 1 year, 18 million and it would have made some kind of sense.

Wild.

1 minute ago, Yardball85 said:

Hell, offer Arrieta one year $18M and make him say no.  

Or... just trade Manny.

This.  Get serious about filling out the starting rotation or start the rebuild.

Do not sell the fans on Mike Wright as the fifth starter and claim you are going all out for a playoff spot.  

27 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

There's absolutely no way this FO can possibly say with a straight face that they are actively trying to win. There has never been a more friendly market for acquiring pitching and still nothing but flops.

I am down right angry. This is crazy! I didn’t even like Lynn but for $12m? 

Maddening.

1 minute ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Did everyone forget that it would cost a 1st rd pick to sign Lynn for 1 year. I got the 12million is really cheap but why give up the draft pick too?

Maybe a second year was a deal breaker for Lynn's camp.

The Cardinals are laughing their rear ends off.  

Archived