Cobb only thread

interloper

14 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I've been critical about Dan in the past, but I've been pretty open that this is all on Angelos now. And I'm not a fan of Brady and how he is where he is.

Agree. Not a fan of Brady.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Seems like there has been no talk about Cobb in the media for the last few days. Maybe he's not a real person. What if he doesn't exist? There should be something in the rules saying there is no draft pick compensation for free agents who do not actually exist. 

Isn't that fair?

What if I don’t exist.......

18 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I have been quite critical of DD but much of our bad decisions are on Brady and Angelos, not him.

Things just haven’t been the same since the Toronto fiasco. We knew we were facing a one year window and chose to sign only Cashner to “big” deal. No trades. Everything else were small, low risk moves. It’s like PA said you’re staying and being the GM but all you can do is waiver wire pickups. 

I hope we sign Cobb. If not, it’s looking like no playoffs and a drastic make over in July. 

19 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

How has that method worked lately? They had a string of good luck that alot of draft picks panned out. It's hard to sustain success solely on building from within and trading all your guys when they get expensive. 

You could say that part of the Rays' issues the last few years is that they haven't sucked enough. They've been decent, but that's kept them from getting the Price/Longoria picks that built their original core.

27 minutes ago, theocean said:

You could say that part of the Rays' issues the last few years is that they haven't sucked enough. They've been decent, but that's kept them from getting the Price/Longoria picks that built their original core.

Well, the way they have given guys away this winter maybe they agree with you.

34 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Things just haven’t been the same since the Toronto fiasco. We knew we were facing a one year window and chose to sign only Cashner to “big” deal. No trades. Everything else were small, low risk moves. It’s like PA said you’re staying and being the GM but all you can do is waiver wire pickups. 

I hope we sign Cobb. If not, it’s looking like no playoffs and a drastic make over in July. 

And if he's not going to let Dan do his job and basically give Brady more say, why not just let Dan go. I don't know if Peter or John run things Now, but either way an Angelos has ruined this team.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that this is the FO (and when I say FO, I mean ownership, too) that gave Ubaldo a 4 year deal.  Now here's a pitcher who's better than Ubaldo, looking for a similar contract and they can't offer anything similar.  Pathetic.

Also, why all the assumptions that he's going to take a month to get ramped up?  Is he not working out or throwing?  Just because he's not in a camp doesn't mean he can't be working out and throwing on his own time.

1 hour ago, bird watcher said:

I can see Cobb and his agent listening to Wright implode today and laughing at the Orioles; knowing they need him badly.

Oh yeah, I too can see Cobb and his agent huddled together around a transistor radio somewhere in the range of 105.7 FM's signal. I can even hear their mighty guffaws! The best thing about this is that those two are concentrated solely on the Orioles, not paying any attention to the other 29 teams in the league.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The thing that pisses me off the most is that this is the FO (and when I say FO, I mean ownership, too) that gave Ubaldo a 4 year deal.  Now here's a pitcher who's better than Ubaldo, looking for a similar contract and they can't offer anything similar.  Pathetic.

Also, why all the assumptions that he's going to take a month to get ramped up?  Is he not working out or throwing?  Just because he's not in a camp doesn't mean he can't be working out and throwing on his own time.

And Ubaldo was a first round pick.

Archived