Mountcastle HBP, out 4-6 weeks with broken hand (He's back and badder than ever.[ed])

Tony-OH

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good, but in my attempt to be an optimist, here’s a small silver lining.

Jomar Reyes should get a couple months at 3B in AA, which is where I’d prefer him. Also since it’s his throwing arm, he should be able to get reps in the outfield and taking GBs, if they want to give up on the ill-fitting 3B experiment, this will be a good opportunity to get his glove reps at other positions.

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Not good, but in my attempt to be an optimist, here’s a small silver lining.

Jomar Reyes should get a couple months at 3B in AA, which is where I’d prefer him. Also since it’s his throwing arm, he should be able to get reps in the outfield and taking GBs, if they want to give up on the ill-fitting 3B experiment, this will be a good opportunity to get his glove reps at other positions.

Dont really think Moundcastle should be blocking Reyes at this point. Same position or not it sounds obvious Moundcastle isnt a MLB 3B. 

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Odds are really good Reyes isn't either.

Yes, this is true, after seeing him in 2016, I thought the chance was 0%, after 2017, it has increased a bit, he's leaned up and was more agile. He's not going to be good there, but I could see him as a guy who sticks there for a few years if the improvement I saw last year continues. It's worth a further look IMO.

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

If Buck didn’t tell him to walk more, maybe he’d have swung at the pitch. ?

If I had said that, it would have been more negative reps.  As Jim Palmer always says sometimes, it's all in the delivery.  

Archived