Os checking with Dickey

interloper

2 hours ago, weams said:

It's a moot point. Tillman won't be pitching in the Os minors. 

Agreed. Weams: do you think there is a realistic chance to get Dickey? Huge fan, I’d buy a jersey! It is so much fun watching a knuckleballer, I love it!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's take a page out of the Rays notebook and let the 5th starter be a bullpen matchup...except we go with a three headed beast. 3 innings of Dickey, 3 innings of Scott, 3 innings of Cortes. That'd mess with some timing.

41 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I like Ubaldo. I don't see the O's signing him to their minors. 

Talk about protests! I’d match for No Ubaldo!:) helllllllllls no!!!! Keep thstvawful pitcher away from Buck!

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does anyone here think Dickey can't do better than a minor league deal with the Orioles?

He had a 100 ERA+ and was worth 2 wins last year.

He was a league average pitcher.

He made 7.5 million.

If you were a league average pitcher would sign a minor league deal with the O's?

"Where the ball hit him, I’m guessing that Sale will just have a bruise. But the way his knee twisted is something that needs to taken seriously. After Sale got up, he did grab his knee which indicates it could have a problem."

10 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Agreed. Weams: do you think there is a realistic chance to get Dickey? Huge fan, I’d buy a jersey! It is so much fun watching a knuckleballer, I love it!

I think he is retired. Wouldn't you be at age 44?

7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

You like Ubaldo but have had it with Tillman? Interesting.

I would not get rid of Tillman at this point, no. I think he has earned more patience than Ubaldo. I personally like Tilly and I am pulling for him.

5 hours ago, weams said:

It's a moot point. Tillman won't be pitching in the Os minors. 

I’d argue the point with you, but I don’t feel like dwelling on the negative scenario.    The O’s gave Tillman a major league deal because they think he’s capable of being a major league pitcher this year.  I want Tillman to prove them right and make all the naysayers here shut the hell up.

Just now, Frobby said:

I’d argue the point with you, but I don’t feel like dwelling on the negative scenario.    The O’s gave Tillman a major league deal because they think he’s capable of being a major league pitcher this year.  I want Tillman to prove them right and make all the naysayers here shut the hell up.

Oh, I can certainly come up with an injury scenario that might prove you. But yeah. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does anyone here think Dickey can't do better than a minor league deal with the Orioles?

He had a 100 ERA+ and was worth 2 wins last year.

He was a league average pitcher.

He made 7.5 million.

If you were a league average pitcher would you sign a minor league deal with the O's?

No I wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, passionate for you. I didn’t peg you for such a Tillman supporter.

Archived