Jesus Liranzo traded.

Legend_Of_Joey

One thing I always give Duquette credit for is doing this kind of stuff.  Usually it means nothing in the long run, but I don't know if prior GMs did their due diligence.  Yes, this includes trading international slot bonuses - because the team won't use that money on international players anyway.

Ysla is a LHP with a mid 90s fastball with life. He doesn’t have consistency with either his change or slider and had well below average command. 

In the small amount of video I’ve seen he’s kind of similar to Joely Rodriguez, but less polished.

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

As I tweeted out yesterday, I would have DFA'd Yefry RamirezEngelb Vielma, and Joey Rickard before I would have DFA'd Liranzo unless there's some kind of injury I don't now about. 

Liranzo might not turn into anything do to his lack of command, but I've seen him good and he's similar to Brad Brach.

The crack team of FO personnel at it again?

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

As I tweeted out yesterday, I would have DFA'd Yefry RamirezEngelb Vielma, and Joey Rickard before I would have DFA'd Liranzo unless there's some kind of injury I don't now about. 

Liranzo might not turn into anything do to his lack of command, but I've seen him good and he's similar to Brad Brach.

I agree.  I don't know how they think someone with Rickard's profile is more valuable than a pitcher with upside/good raw stuff but poor results.

35 minutes ago, Otter said:

I agree.  I don't know how they think someone with Rickard's profile is more valuable than a pitcher with upside/good raw stuff but poor results.

Rule 5’s are all nuggets.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

unless there's some kind of injury I don't now about. 

He has been injury plagued the last few seasons, including lat and shoulder issues in the Arizona Fall League the last 2 years. Might be something there that they tried pushing thru (see: Tillman, Sedlock)

Archived