June 21st vs. the Brew Crew

J.D.

I don't blame him for going. We probably would've needed 2 hits if he stayed at 1st. The odds of him getting to 2nd on that play and Payton singling is better than Payton AND BRob singling.

I've been watching Melvin run the bases for years and you are giving him a lot of credit for thought processes that I have never seen evidence of in his baserunning before.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been watching Melvin run the bases for years and you are giving him a lot of credit for thought processes that I have never seen evidence of in his baserunning before.

I'm not saying that was his thought process, but, as a fan, that's what I'm thinking. What Melvin has to decide is whether or not he can make it to 2nd before the ball gets there. If he can, go for it. If he can't, then stay.

Hmm somehow I remember McClung with the Rays as being a junkball guy. My bad I guess...

He was mixing in a curveball that was 20 miles per hour slower than his fastball. But his fastball was right up there with DCAB's velocity all night long.

He used to throw harder with Tampa, but he could not hit the back side of a barn. He has really improved alot since those days.

Archived