Positive vibes only thread

glenn__davis

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, weams said:

It took a long time for Hess to find this groove. I've watched him for years. Good for him. 

Nugget!

More Showalter on Hess: “I think it’s the package. I told you all last year, when I saw him in the (Eastern League) playoffs against the best-hitting team, seven left-handed hitters. Those are the little things you remember in those times of ... and everybody and there’s a lot of somewhat pressure. Believe me, it’s all relative, whether it’s Bowie or Norfolk or here in a lot of ways. And I think just, there’s a certain tempo and karma around guys who have that presentation where he comes out and says, ‘OK, let’s see what you’ve got.’

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/05/hess-and-three-relievers-combine-for-2-0-win.html

First off, I thought Hunter and Palmer made a good team last night.  I know Hunter is an overly-positive homer, but I really don't mind him as much as some others do.

Also, hats off to Hess.  Definitely has potential to be a cheap, controllable 4-5 starter on this team for years.  Nothing wrong with that.

7 hours ago, bobmc said:

TWO game winning streak! Losing percentage down to .666! Tied with KC and Cin for most losses at 34. Valencia with a hit off Romo (a RH)! Jones with a Jim Hunter-inspired, record-tying 3rd straight multi-hit game!

o

9-7 over their last 16 games.

o

I'm encouraged by the development of Sisco and Hess.  Sisco hasn't been hitting much lately, but looks like a major league catcher.  Hess looks like he could be a long term part of the O's rotation.  He allows the O's to trade a starter at the trade deadline.  I would try to trade Cashner, but would entertain offers for Gausman.  Its amazing how much talent the O's have given up for 4th/5th starters.  It would be nice to see the O's on the receiving end of on of those trades.

While 26,500 seems low for a Friday night game vs. The Yankees (and the lower left field seats seemed sparcely filled, just the first few rows), there did seem to be a lot of kids in the upper deck. They seemed to have far more people in them from the TV angles I saw.  So maybe the kids promotion is catching on. Weather permitting, I think they could get into the lower to mid 30K range Saturday. 

Orioles – It’s all a matter of where they stop dealing, because a mid-season yard sale is all but inevitable. Jonathan Schoop, Kevin Gausman, and Dylan Bundy are among the controllable players who the O’s could in theory listen to offers on, but all have run into some difficulties this year and it’s not clear that rivals will rise to meet what’ll surely be eyebrow-raising asking prices. If the team is willing to eat some money, perhaps they could find takers for some of the cash still due to Mark Trumboor Andrew Cashner. Clubs in need of a bench bat might consider Danny Valenciaor Pedro Alvarez.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Archived