Looks like John Russell happened to Sisco's throws

wildcard

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

.350 OBP.  Enough said, but then you add I. Improved defense and that he’s left handed. Plus Caleb is done. 

How about the pitch calling?  He just guided Tillman to his best start in two years. 

Folks have been questioning it.  Bundy looked OK his last start.

He isn't left handed btw he throws right bats left.  Very few catchers throw left.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He isn't left handed btw he throws right bats left.  Very few catchers throw left.

Like none in the majors for 20+ years.

41 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hahahhahaha. When do we ever on here refer to a position players throwing arm?  

We suck. Everyone is let down. Do you still have to be snooty?

I don't think Sisco will continue to be this good throwing out runners, but like I was saying all offseason he is an athletic guy for a catcher. Those are the types of guys you bet on to improve, especially when they are young.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I don't think Sisco will continue to be this good throwing out runners, but like I was saying all offseason he is an athletic guy for a catcher. Those are the types of guys you bet on to improve, especially when they are young.

I don't expect him to finish north of 50% for the season.

I'm actually hoping this strong throwing out of the gate helps limit the amount of attempted steals he faces over the course of the season.

I'm not sure why, since he's left handed at all, but for some reason I had it in my head that Scott is easy to run on.  Probably the lack of command.

At least we know now that Sisco is capable of throwing runners out, even if he’s not this good all the time.    And I suspect confidence is an important part of being successful at this part of the game.

On the down side, his failure to block a Tillman curve in the dirt eventually cost us a run in the first inning yesterday.  It definitely was a blockable pitch, and when you call for a curve, you have to be ready to block it.

As mentioned in another thread, I also found his target head-scratching on the pitch that was hit for a homer in the 4th inning.

Still, overall he is progressing well.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

CERA so far:   Joseph 4.10, Sisco 5.65.     So, I wouldn’t go overboard with the “Joseph is the Sunday catcher” theory just yet.  

You sure do reference CERA a lot.  You must think it means something.  Not even a month into the season even.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You sure do reference CERA a lot.  You must think it means something.  Not even a month into the season even.

I actually don’t think it usually means that much, especially in a 21-game sample.   But it’s something to keep an eye on.  Tony has said a few times that Caleb calls a much better game, and implied that Sisco doesn’t do as much homework as Caleb.

Just now, Frobby said:

I actually don’t think it usually means that much, especially in a 21-game sample.   But it’s something to keep an eye on.  Tony has said a few times that Caleb calls a much better game, and implied that Sisco doesn’t do as much homework as Caleb.

I know.  And If had wanted to make that point I would have said that, instead of bringing up a month's worth of CERA.  ;)

Archived