Connolly: Heads may roll today

wildcard

2 minutes ago, connja said:

My view is this the worst roster a GM could build - and that has to fall on Duquette.   It's unbelievable how much they can preach the importance of defense and run a team like this out there.  Now I"m sure he had both hands tied behind his back, but still - he didn't get it done.  He'll have to go.

No no no no no no nooooooo, this falls on Buck, too.  Have you not been paying attention?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, connja said:

My view is this the worst roster a GM could build - and that has to fall on Duquette.   It's unbelievable how much they can preach the importance of defense and run a team like this out there.  Now I"m sure he had both hands tied behind his back, but still - he didn't get it done.  He'll have to go.

The players have to perform, too. Rebuilding teams are outplaying them. Gausman pitched nine shutout innings the other day and this team couldn't figure out how to win.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The game thread is a mystery.

The other thread you mentioned though was deleted by the original poster.

The game thread was accidentally deleted. It has now been restored to its rightful place. :)

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Was a joke folks, Dan, Buck, Brady, Peter.

Four guys, four tines.

Geez.

Tough room, huh?

Still, I don't think it's a coincidence that pitchforks with four tines are used for manure. Seems appropriate. It seems to be plentiful lately.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

No no no no no no nooooooo, this falls on Buck, too.  Have you not been paying attention?

Multiple causes adds complexity and therefore increases discomfort.  A single scapegoat is much more convenient in our plugged-in, on-the-go, prepackaged, 15 minutes-is-an-eternity society.  Failure, real or imagined, requires a face and only one face these days.  It's a rule.

5 hours ago, milbest77 said:

And no article from Tony. Thread was removed too. I wonder if someone in the warehouse threatened legal action upon seeing announcement of the article? 

It's at 5200 words. It's not something I can just throw together. I need to review it then have one of my folks review it then it will be out. The Orioles have always been supportive of me because I've been fair. I don't make stuff up and I don't have an ax to grind against anyone. The piece is done mostly. Probably looking at Wednesday or at best late Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Multiple causes adds complexity and therefore increases discomfort.  A single scapegoat is much more convenient in our plugged-in, on-the-go, prepackaged, 15 minutes-is-an-eternity society.  Failure, real or imagined, requires a face and only one face these days.  It's a rule.

Unless you're on the OH where you can sling blame in a bunch of different directions

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

5,200 words, I think that's more than I ever wrote in college.  I'm not talking about one paper, I mean the whole 6 years ?

I think my Thrift one was like 8,000 words though! Haha

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's at 5200 words. It's not something I can just throw together. I need to review it then have one of my folks review it then it will be out. The Orioles have always been supportive of me because I've been fair. I don't make stuff up and I don't have an ax to grind against anyone. The piece is done mostly. Probably looking at Wednesday or at best late Tuesday.

Thank you for the update. Look forward to reading it. 

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think my Thrift one was like 8,000 words though! Haha

The thing I like about your articles is that they usually conjur up things that people have forgotten about, like when the Orioles were targeting some FAs, why those deals didn't happen, etc.  

Archived