TT: Orioles Games of Thrones and the Way Forward

Tony-OH

51 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I understand that, but when you say things like look which game we won, that seems to indicate that the Orioles would have won with someone else other than Joseph in a game that they lost 10-3. So basically you are saying the team would be 8 runs better with another catcher. 

I like Joseph as much as anyone, but he is off to a slow start this year. He probably is a backup catcher on a good team, but I don't agree with people who say he's not a big league catcher.

BTW, over his last 12 games Jospeh is slashing .286/.306/.486/.791.

Sisco is slashing .206/.289/.441/.731 over his last 12, so let's not act like Sisco is killing it behind the plate an Joseph is an automatic out.

Yes. Thanks. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Everyone is waiting for the Braves to fall in the standing including the Braves.   The don't believe that the Flaherty can out play his career numbers.   

Sure he can, and he probably will, given his head start a quarter of the way through the season.  He’d have to hit about .190 and not lose playing time to fall to his career .222 by the end of the year.    And most players have a year that’s noticeably better than the others.   This could be Flaherty’s Steve Pearce year.   (Not that I expect him to post a .930 OPS like Pearce did, but a one-off .750-.800 season wouldn’t be that unusual from a .650 OPS career hitter.)

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK, it wasn't a big one.

And for the record I wouldn't have signed Bautista or put him at third base.

But it does show how unimpressed they are with Flaherty despite the hot start.

The Braves top third base prospect Austin Riley, who was promoted to AAA about a week ago, will be up sooner than later.  He hs three homers and eight RBIs today.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, Beef Supreme said:

And it's a stretch to use the word "success" when describing Oliver Drake's performance post-Orioles. He was bad here and deserved to be dfa'd based on his poor performance and weak "stuff." He's still bad. He'll be out of MLB soon.

Oliver Drake dfa'd today by Cleveland.

Here's a different take -

On Roch's blog, one person posted "There is talk among others that were close to the situation that AM did not want Buck & was leery of back stabbing. Either way, he didn't want to stay."

Roch's response "Hello, I'M close to the situation. I talked to MacPhail on AND off the record. I know the situation. He was given the chance to return. Buck wanted him back. Angelos certainly did. He considered it, but wanted to be with his dying father. Andy would tell me all the time how, unlike GMs before him, he rarely heard from ownership. Said he'd always have to make the call."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/05/taking-the-orioles-rotation-for-another-spin-2.html

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

Here's a different take -

On Roch's blog, one person posted "There is talk among others that were close to the situation that AM did not want Buck & was leery of back stabbing. Either way, he didn't want to stay."

Roch's response "Hello, I'M close to the situation. I talked to MacPhail on AND off the record. I know the situation. He was given the chance to return. Buck wanted him back. Angelos certainly did. He considered it, but wanted to be with his dying father. Andy would tell me all the time how, unlike GMs before him, he rarely heard from ownership. Said he'd always have to make the call."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/05/taking-the-orioles-rotation-for-another-spin-2.html

Interesting take thanks.

Archived