It's all about the fans

webbrick2010

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I have never understood this argument but enough people make it that I guess it has some merit.  Do people really go to the game to watch one player?  I can't ever imagine thinking "Well I was gonna go but Manny isn't with the team anymore so now I'm not going to."

I'd go to see a starting pitcher.

7 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I have never understood this argument but enough people make it that I guess it has some merit.  Do people really go to the game to watch one player?  I can't ever imagine thinking "Well I was gonna go but Manny isn't with the team anymore so now I'm not going to."

I agree. I never went to a game to see just one player. 

For the life of me I cannot understand why the team won't make an announcement and invite people to move down, say, after the 3rd inning.  If someone show's up with a ticket for that seat, then let them move somewhere else.  But nope, the O's ushers will toss you if you try and move down to a better seat, even on a crappy day like this when hardly anyone is there.  Smh.

And I'll tell you something else that really aggravated me.  I was there last night with my Dad, and as the storm came in, we went into a concession area on the interior of the upper deck concourse with a high top table where we'd be sheltered from the rain and wind.  So what do they do?  Close it down JUST as the heavy rain hits and tell us we all have to go out into the Concourse.  REALLY?!?!?!?!  That's the exact freakin opposite of what they SHOULD do.  Just stupid and tone deaf.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

I do see school kids in the distance way up high.?  It was weather day. So whether or weather  they came or not is up to the great schools in the area.?

Gotta think that everyone was trying to sit under the roofs because of the rain. It’s not 29k, but  not as bad as that looks. 

1 hour ago, esmd said:

For the life of me I cannot understand why the team won't make an announcement and invite people to move down, say, after the 3rd inning.  If someone show's up with a ticket for that seat, then let them move somewhere else.  But nope, the O's ushers will toss you if you try and move down to a better seat, even on a crappy day like this when hardly anyone is there.  Smh.

Yea the ushers in my section in left field (87) have been chasing people out of the extremely empty sections closer to the field all year. Did so on Thursday against the Royals. I understand why they do it, but in an empty stadium with lousy weather and one of the worst teams in baseball, it just really sends a crappy message to those fans that took the time to come out and watch.

1 hour ago, esmd said:

Yes, the O's ushers behind the plate are the absolute worst.  Especially the guy with the big fuzzy mustache, I am not sure if he's still there but he was the absolute worst.  

i'd love the move down inning to like the 5th or something, but still.  The O's ushers are total jerks about moving down and it's stupid.  Moving down at a sporting event is as American as free refills at the soda machine.  If you charge for refills you're a communist.  

Archived