Joseph Optioned to Norfolk (Booo!)

Legend_Of_Joey

2 hours ago, weams said:

Not similar. I always respect your takes though. 

"His contract is guaranteed and there is no way the union would let him take $1 less than he is owed under the terms of his contract and the CBA."

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AZRon said:

I can see your point. One retired. One parleyed his contract into an ultimate windfall. But yes. I guess there are precedents to change a contract slightly.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Since Wynns projects as a back up, not a starter, I wonder if Susac and Wynns will swap at some point and platoon him with Sisco?

He’s 27. He projects as a career minor leaguer who may get a cup or two of coffee In The majors. 

Whether its intended or not the O's just sent another pair on eyes to Norfolk in Caleb.  Buck will probably ask for first hand accounts of Stewart, Melville, Means, Ramirez, Doesh and Nunez from Caleb.    The Norfolk pitchers will get the benefit  of working with a guy with a lot of major league experience  behind the plate.

I say promote Akin and Luis Gonzalez to AAA while Caleb is there.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Whether its intended or not the O's just sent another pair on eyes to Norfolk in Caleb.  Buck will probably ask for first hand accounts of Stewart, Melville, Means, Ramirez, Doesh and Nunez from Caleb.    The Norfolk pitchers will get the benefit  of working with a guy with a lot of major league experience  behind the plate.

Buck would probably ask for opinions on the pitchers from Caleb, but I doubt he would ask about Stewart, Dosch, Nunez, ect. That one falls more on Ron Johnson (Manager.)

Same thing happened when Britton was in Bowie last season for rehab. Buck and company asked Wynns how Brittons command and break was.

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Plus he can help Wynns too. I see it as Susac is getting a shot because he’s on the 40 man and older. I don’t see him going back to AAA. It’s stick in the bigs with us or get DFAd. Wynns gets the next look. Joseph has three options. I could see us prepping 2019 for Sisco/Wynns as a platoon. Joseph as the vet 3rd C. 

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I think it was less "crying over Caleb" and more of a "Davis has been worse, so why not him?"

Don't believe Davis has an option. There are about 23 million reasons after this season why Davis won't be cut and can't be traded. It's shocking how bad he has fallen off the cliff. He could just hit 240/250 with 30 dingers it might be bearable considering the investment.

Something needs to ge done that requires a major league player to make the team roster in order to get paid his money. 

Archived