Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

1 hour ago, atomic said:

The point is all these people saying he should retire or the Orioles should buy him out were saying we should sign him.  He is signed to a 7 year contract he will get paid for 7 years. That is how it works. That is why guys want  7 year contracts. So if they become terrible they still get paid. Otherwise they would sign 1 year contracts.  

And the Orioles aren't buying out anyone.  They kept Jiminez to the last day. They wouldn't DFA Tillman and his contract is just over 2 million left.  They traded picks to get rid of Matusz and Webb to save a couple of million instead of just DFAing them.  

He is going to be here for the long hall just get used to it.  The only guy I can remember them getting rid of who had significant salary was that drunk from Aruba who the team fought paying.  

I was not in favor of the Davis Deal. It stunk then and it stinks now. If Angelos had any baseball knowledge he would have used that money on the team. 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atomic said:

Those 2014 stars are horrible for a first baseman I don't care what WAR says and they are similar to his 2010 and 2011 numbers.  There is a reason the Rangers were willing to give up a 25 year old Davis for a 36 year old reliever.  

I’m not denying they were terrible, but they were nothing like this level of terrible.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

So, Trumbo is having an MRI on his knee today, according to Roch. All part of the cover up conspiracy?

Tin.  Foil.   Hat.

Yes Buck would have been 7 TO it he'd been on the grassy knoll.

FWIW I wanted to sign CD but for no more than 5/100M. It would have been a lot easier to DFA him at that price.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This level of terrible looks to be unprecedented for a first baseman.  At least one getting this many plate appearances.

Thats why I dont think he gets the whole year to turn it around. A few more weeks, maybe a month, and the Orioles will be looking for another option at 1B. With Mancini and Alvarez on the team, and Moundcastle being ready as soon as next year. Davis is no longer wanted.  

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Thats why I dont think he gets the whole year to turn it around. A few more weeks, maybe a month, and the Orioles will be looking for another option at 1B. With Mancini and Alvarez on the team, and Moundcastle being ready as soon as next year. Davis is no longer wanted.  

I think he gets all this season and all next season with the new manager and hitting coach.  Earliest I see him gone is the offseason before the 2020 campaign.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think he gets all this season and all next season with the new manager and hitting coach.  Earliest I see him gone is the offseason before the 2020 campaign.

Now that Palmer broached the subject I dont think he gets all year unless its a rebuild situation and they dont mind losing. They have too many internal options to replace him with.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

So, Trumbo is having an MRI on his knee today, according to Roch. All part of the cover up conspiracy?

Tin.  Foil.   Hat.

Im not saying I have a good source or even a reliable source, but my cousins, girl friends mother once rode in a cab and the cab driver said that he heard from a friend who heard from a friend that Buck kicked Trumbo in the knee. ;) 

Archived