Sports Yips

austintx83

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

His issues are the holes in his swing and having no confidence. He needs a new voice. We cant trade him, but we can bring in a new hitting coach. Coolbaugh has to go. 

Do you honestly believe the hitting coach is the problem? Ted Williams couldn't make Davis better. He is what he is. 

5 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Whether it's in his head or physical, all of the above is true. He is killing the team, has done so for a long time, and needs to be sent down, DLed, or released. If he stays on the team, he should be treated as a Rule 5 guy with minimal playing time until he proves he can help the team.

Oh, he has to play his way out of this slump.  Just ask anyone... ask Buck.

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Oh, he has to play his way out of this slump.  Just ask anyone... ask Buck.

I'm OK with Davis playing pretty much everyday if he's on the 25 man.

This could be a record setting year.  It isn't as if he's keeping the O's from contending with his play.

He's on pace to break the -4 WAR barrier.

53 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm OK with Davis playing pretty much everyday if he's on the 25 man.

This could be a record setting year.  It isn't as if he's keeping the O's from contending with his play.

He's on pace to break the -4 WAR barrier.

I wish I was feeling as magnanimous, but I'm not.  If he's making changes looking for the answer like Palmer suggested OK.  If he's trying to hit against the shift, OK.  If he gets his BA above .200 in the next six weeks OK.  After that, I would reconsider and give him a little more time if the decision were mine.  But I don't expect any of those things, so after the AS break I would play him only against good matchups and I would move Mancini to his natural position and let him start getting long-term comfortable there.  I would bring up whatever AAA OF was doing the best at the time and see how he fares against ML pitching during an extended cup of coffee.  

I agree that the team isn't going to contend in 2018 and I'm assuming that Manny will be traded, so as a fan I'm looking for signs that the organization has a direction for the next half-dozen years and are are willing to get a head start in putting it in place.  Jump start is my new favorite strategy as an Orioles fan.

I have no interest is seeing CD set that kind of record.  I feel sorry for the guy but not sorry enough to watch him kill the team for the rest of the year and for four more afterward.  I think the time is getting close for the Angelos boys to cut their losses.  I hope the situation doesn't continue into 2019 unless there's a remarkable turnaround.  

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

I wish I was feeling as magnanimous, but I'm not.  If he's making changes looking for the answer like Palmer suggested OK.  If he's trying to hit against the shift, OK.  If he gets his BA above .200 in the next six weeks OK.  After that, I would reconsider and give him a little more time if the decision were mine.  But I don't expect any of those things, so after the AS break I would play him only against good matchups and I would move Mancini to his natural position and let him start getting long-term comfortable there.  I would bring up whatever AAA OF was doing the best at the time and see how he fares against ML pitching during an extended cup of coffee.  

I agree that the team isn't going to contend in 2018 and I'm assuming that Manny will be traded, so as a fan I'm looking for signs that the organization has a direction for the next half-dozen years and are are willing to get a head start in putting it in place.  Jump start is my new favorite strategy as an Orioles fan.

I have no interest is seeing CD set that kind of record.  I feel sorry for the guy but not sorry enough to watch him kill the team for the rest of the year and for four more afterward.  I think the time is getting close for the Angelos boys to cut their losses.  I hope the situation doesn't continue into 2019 unless there's a remarkable turnaround.  

I don't so much do magnanimous.  It would solely be for my entertainment.  

Of course if he does continue to play at this level than I want him gone before 2019.

Archived