Player moves on Monday

wildcard

9 minutes ago, bandy75 said:

Rickard over the past 15 games has an ops around .400,  Peterson's been low .500's all year, I'd think they would be the first to go.  I don't really care who the bring up, I doubt they can do much worse, and it's possible they're somewhat better. Try Corban Joseph, Dosch, Wilkerson, Yaz or Stewart, one of them is bound to do something.

I am not sure what Peterson brings to the table.  As far as I can tell he can't field and he can't hit.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Peterson should go, but you could say that about half the roster.  

And it’s very likely Brady will be leading the rebuild.  Fun times.

Really whomever decided we didn't' need a utility infielder to start the season should go to. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not sure what Peterson brings to the table.  As far as I can tell he can't field and he can't hit.  

He has speed and versatility, but that doesn't really matter if you're not helping the team on offense or defense.

2 hours ago, bandy75 said:

Rickard over the past 15 games has an ops around .400,  Peterson's been low .500's all year, I'd think they would be the first to go.  I don't really care who the bring up, I doubt they can do much worse, and it's possible they're somewhat better. Try Corban Joseph, Dosch, Wilkerson, Yaz or Stewart, one of them is bound to do something.

Not sure why the O's need 2 utility OF.  Does Rickard have options?   I can't understand the O's obsession with marginal players.  You can pick up players as good as Rickard and Wright off the waiver wire regularly.  This team is going to lose 100+ games.  Adding 2 or 3 All Stars doesn't make this a good team, much less a couple of marginal players.

45 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Not sure why the O's need 2 utility OF.  Does Rickard have options?   I can't understand the O's obsession with marginal players.  You can pick up players as good as Rickard and Wright off the waiver wire regularly.  This team is going to lose 100+ games.  Adding 2 or 3 All Stars doesn't make this a good team, much less a couple of marginal players.

Rickard can be sent down, he started the year in Norfolk.  I would call up Yaz.  Also with the issues at 3B, is there a good reason that the Orioles should not give Renato Nunez an opportunity?  

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Not that it matters but I think adding 3 all stars to replace Davis, 3B and RF/CF (Jones moves over) and you do have a pretty good team.

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Rickard can be sent down, he started the year in Norfolk.  I would call up Yaz.  Also with the issues at 3B, is there a good reason that the Orioles should not give Renato Nunez an opportunity?  

Nunez, Dosch and Yaz all have put in the AAA time and done ok.  Might as well    give them a shot this year so see what they can do while the team stinks.

3 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Nunez, Dosch and Yaz all have put in the AAA time and done ok.  Might as well    give them a shot this year so see what they can do while the team stinks.

I agree. Let's start seeing what we really have in the minors. The major leaguers appear to have given up (or aren't any good) except for Manny and he's only pumped to get a big contract elsewhere.

Ultimately though this all comes down to the Angelos family and whether or not they have the ability to right this ship for the future.

55 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Nunez or Dosch are not as good as Valencia.   Neither hits as well and they are not upgrades to him defensively.    If some team offers someone that will benefit the rebuild for Valencia then I would trade him.  But if they don't I would just stay with him at 3B.   The idea is to get better.  Nunez and Dosch do not offer that at this point.

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Nunez or Dosch are not as good as Valencia.   Neither hits as well and they are not upgrades to him defensively.    If some team offers someone that will benefit the rebuild for Valencia then I would trade him.  But if they don't I would just stay with him at 3B.   The idea is to get better.  Nunez and Dosch do not offer that at this point.

I agree but the goal with your assessment of the 3 players tina point. But our goal is not to get better, but worse. If we get something, trade him. Nunez prob isn’t a nugget but he actually has upside as a full time regular. 

48 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I agree but the goal with your assessment of the 3 players tina point. But our goal is not to get better, but worse. If we get something, trade him. Nunez prob isn’t a nugget but he actually has upside as a full time regular. 

Nunez is another DH in the majors.   He is not known for defense. Defensively Dosch is Nunez without the power.

The SS and 3B of the future is not in the O's high minors.  Maybe they are acquired in trade.  Maybe a FA.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

The idea is to give the 3A guys a shot to see what they have. This season is over for the O's. 

Archived