Moves for Friday

wildcard

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

There will be no shakeup on the field or upstairs and frankly there shouldn't be. You play out the string and clean house in October. The last thing this team needs to do now is win. Stay at the bottom.

Agreed that there won't be any shakeup, but there absolutely should be.  A new GM should be brought in tomorrow and given full autonomy to execute trades of all expiring assets and any other assets that could net us any sort of substantial value (namely, Bundy and Gausman.)  If we trade away everyone with value we'll still keep losing.  I'm pretty sure about that.

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

There will be no shakeup on the field or upstairs and frankly there shouldn't be. You play out the string and clean house in October. The last thing this team needs to do now is win. Stay at the bottom.

Started from the bottom and now we're here.

19 minutes ago, joelala said:

Agreed that there won't be any shakeup, but there absolutely should be.  A new GM should be brought in tomorrow and given full autonomy to execute trades of all expiring assets and any other assets that could net us any sort of substantial value (namely, Bundy and Gausman.)  If we trade away everyone with value we'll still keep losing.  I'm pretty sure about that.

That's the problem.  Ownership won't give any GM full autonomy.  The only person I can think of that might be granted autonomy is Brady.  

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's the problem.  Ownership won't give any GM full autonomy.  The only person I can think of that might be granted autonomy is Brady.  

Oh I know it's the problem.  Kind of wish I didn't.  'Ignorance is bliss' and all. 

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Trade Schoop, Machado, Jones, O’Day, Britton, Givens, and Brach

Release Davis, Gentry, Beckham, and Tillman

Fire everyone in management, including on the field.

Release Beckham? 

4 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Release Beckham? 

Heck no,  I’m not the biggest Beckham fan, but he’s likely going to cover SS for the next 2-3 years. We do have to field a team. 

IMO Beckham is the type of player that will thrive everyday playing SS, and batting SS, on a team with 100 loss expectations next year. 

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why?  He’s actually killing it in AAA. 

I'm ok with being optimistic about it, but I wouldn't get too excited, the peripherals are very blah and like I've said many times, he doesn't have a starter's delivery, command, or arsenal.  

He has been better lately, but if he does by some small miracle turn into an ok starter, trade him immediately. His delivery is about as high effort as they get and I would be concerned about durability under a starter's workload.

Archived