The Athletic: Buck Showalter's Job No Longer Secure

Rene88

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the point in changing who is at the helm when his contract is up after this season anyway.

Unless of course they think they can get whomever it is they want to marshal the team through the rebuild.

I'd rather they just hire a GM in the offseason and have them hire the next manager.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see the point in changing who is at the helm when his contract is up after this season anyway.

Unless of course they think they can get whomever it is they want to marshal the team through the rebuild.

I'd rather they just hire a GM in the offseason and have them hire the next manager.

And get rid of Brady or at the very least don't let him have input on roster decisions.  

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And get rid of Brady or at the very least don't let him have input on roster decisions.  

That would be my preference yes.  I do think you would have to get rid of him, the way the FO "works" just removing those responsibilities won't do anything.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

That would be my preference yes.  I do think you would have to get rid of him, the way the FO "works" just removing those responsibilities won't do anything.

Yeah, that will be a problem since Brady is tight with the Angelos brothers.  Any decent GM candidate is going to ask for Brady to be jettisoned.  

32 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

"Showalter's voice no longer resonates  in the clubhouse and front office"

I guess that happens when you convince someone to spend $161MM on a guy who falls off the planet shortly thereafter. 

That's a fireable offense in and of itself!!!

27 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Make him assistant to the trainer.  And take his locker out of the locker room.  Or he could join Davis as bullpen catcher.  

Showalter really shouldn't be brought back. His stubbornness in terms of playing "his guys" and his antiquated philosophy of how to win games (i.e., chicks dig the long ball) doesn't play well in this era. We need to bring someone in who understands the importance of defense and the ability to manufacture runs. And agree with the others who said we should hire a GM first then let them pick the manager. And Brady's gotta go. 

Is there any way of cleaning house from Angelos to Brady to DD to Buck down to the water boys? This whole organization is horrendous.

The ghost of Jerry Hoffberger would be a huge improvement over the crap we have now.

Archived