Tony on 105.7

Legend_Of_Joey

Sorry that I did not "advertise". I did a segment for the PressBox TV show (I believe it airs 1030 on Sunday) and then was asked by Terry Ford to come in studio (12 minutes away) to do an hour on the show. Always great spending the time with Terry who is like an encyclopedia of knowledge. I'd love to host a Baltimore sports trivia contest pitting Terry and against Bob Haynie!

Haha, that would be great.

9 hours ago, Deadwood Fan said:

I missed Tony's segment with regards to the Front Office and Manager situations. Can anybody rehash what Tony said with Terry. 

Nothing you haven't read here or in my piece. The only update was when he asked me if I think Brady Anderson should take over and if Buck should be the manager during the rebuild.

I explained that I don't know whether Brady would be a good choice or not but I do have questions on whether he can provide the needed leadership to build a synchronized organization. As for Buck, I don't think he's the guy that should be in the dugout for a rebuild.

10 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Just name dropped @Luke-OH

Well Terry jokingly started to say I write everything on the site about the prospects and I wanted to make sure that people knew that wasn't true, even in jest. Luke does a tremendous amount of stuff on the prospects around here and we are glad to have him, and I wanted to make sure people knew that.

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well Terry jokingly started to say I write everything on the site about the prospects and I wanted to make sure that people knew that wasn't true, even in jest. Luke does a tremendous amount of stuff on the prospects around here and we are glad to have him, and I wanted to make sure people knew that.

Thanks Tony, it's appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Nothing you haven't read here or in my piece. The only update was when he asked me if I think Brady Anderson should take over and if Buck should be the manager during the rebuild.

I explained that I don't know whether Brady would be a good choice or not but I do have questions on whether he can provide the needed leadership to build a synchronized organization. As for Buck, I don't think he's the guy that should be in the dugout for a rebuild.

Tony, maybe you were being diplomatic or trying not to burn any bridges, but I'm surprised that you would be so non-committal on the elevation of Brady to GM. Like you, I don't know whether he'd be good at that job, but I sure as hell think he wouldn't, in light of his lack of the requisite experience, his history as loyal yes-man (and I can think of less polite terms but won't use them here) for an owner whose selfish, ignorant decisions again have run this team into the ground, and his reported views that Davis, Trumbo and O'Day were key guys to sign and that Reimold, Matusz and Wright were players he could help turn into valuable assets.

As for your doubts as to Brady's ability to build and preside over a "synchronized organization," I think they're politely understated. I've asked this question before: has Brady, in any job he's held, ever supervised even a single employee, let alone an organization of professionals, some of whom will believe they are far more qualified to do Brady's job than he is? 

12 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Tony, maybe you were being diplomatic or trying not to burn any bridges, but I'm surprised that you would be so non-committal on the elevation of Brady to GM. Like you, I don't know whether he'd be good at that job, but I sure as hell think he wouldn't, in light of his lack of the requisite experience, his history as loyal yes-man (and I can think of less polite terms but won't use them here) for an owner whose selfish, ignorant decisions again have run this team into the ground, and his reported views that Davis, Trumbo and O'Day were key guys to sign and that Reimold, Matusz and Wright were players he could help turn into valuable assets.

As for your doubts as to Brady's ability to build and preside over a "synchronized organization," I think they're politely understated. I've asked this question before: has Brady, in any job he's held, ever supervised even a single employee, let alone an organization of professionals, some of whom will believe they are far more qualified to do Brady's job than he is? 

Probably a bit of that more than anything. I don't disagree with anything you've said here. 

My only point was that Anderson does have baseball experience so it's not like they are going to hire their Cousin Vinny who won two OOTP championships with the 2014 Orioles in his replays.

My honest opinion is that unless the Angelos sons take a completely different view on how to run this organization that nothing will ever change no matter who they hire. 

It's clear that Peter Angelos always saw himself as the leader and architect who made final decisions based off a multitude of influences, some of which were his actual baseball people that he hired. 

I don't believe he thinks a synchronized organization under one good leader is a good thing. I think he likes the factions and the backdoors because they allow him to have the ultimate control. 

I don't think Brady is a dumb guy and he has been around baseball awhile so he's not clueless. But I also don't see Brady as a leader or a guy who will command respect across the industry and throughout an organization. as you pointed out, he's a guy who has been able to do what he wanted with little to no accountability.

Who else but Brady Anderson would come out in work out clothes to catch a first ball from John Williams? But Brady does what Brady wants and I'm pretty sure that will end up causing more strife and dysfunction throughout the organization if he were to become President. 

In my dream world, the Angelos brothers clean house and bring in a known executive that is known for putting together and leading an organization. If that guy is no available, then go with a young up and coming smart guy who has worked under one of the best, give him a budget and the keys to baseball operations and let him restructure the organization as he sees fit.

I'm doubtful that will ever happen though.

They have my phone number! I'm available for the right price! :D

33 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Probably a bit of that more than anything. I don't disagree with anything you've said here. 

My only point was that Anderson does have baseball experience so it's not like they are going to hire their Cousin Vinny who won two OOTP championships with the 2014 Orioles in his replays.

My honest opinion is that unless the Angelos sons take a completely different view on how to run this organization that nothing will ever change no matter who they hire. 

It's clear that Peter Angelos always saw himself as the leader and architect who made final decisions based off a multitude of influences, some of which were his actual baseball people that he hired. 

I don't believe he thinks a synchronized organization under one good leader is a good thing. I think he likes the factions and the backdoors because they allow him to have the ultimate control. 

I don't think Brady is a dumb guy and he has been around baseball awhile so he's not clueless. But I also don't see Brady as a leader or a guy who will command respect across the industry and throughout an organization. as you pointed out, he's a guy who has been able to do what he wanted with little to no accountability.

Who else but Brady Anderson would come out in work out clothes to catch a first ball from John Williams? But Brady does what Brady wants and I'm pretty sure that will end up causing more strife and dysfunction throughout the organization if he were to become President. 

In my dream world, the Angelos brothers clean house and bring in a known executive that is known for putting together and leading an organization. If that guy is no available, then go with a young up and coming smart guy who has worked under one of the best, give him a budget and the keys to baseball operations and let him restructure the organization as he sees fit.

I'm doubtful that will ever happen though.

They have my phone number! I'm available for the right price! :D

Hypothetical if the Angelos brothers clean house, if its not Brady who do think will be some candidates for the President of Baseball Ops/Gm and who do you think they should consider? 

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Tony, I think you might have a future in politics ;)

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

. . . 

. . .

I'd much rather see the young up and coming smart guy -- could be a male or a female guy.

Archived