A lot of player movement coming

wildcard

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

If he is not hitting then why shouldn't he go down? 

Who is hitting? They may think being with Coolbaugh is more beneficial to him. I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. 

Once again if someone was ready then why is Rasmus back? 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

They may feel Trey needs to work through his issues up here. I am not saying it is crazy to send him down but he has had one full year of success. For all we know that knee may be playing a role also. 

What he needs and won't get as an Oriole is to play 1st base. He should be on the trade block. All should be. 

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

What he needs and won't get as an Oriole is to play 1st base. He should be on the trade block. All should be. 

I agree he needs to be at 1st. One reason to actually send him down to me would be to play 1st. 

You don’t trade him now while he is struggling. He is a cheap player. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I would like to see Trumbo play the field for the next month.  He hits much better when he plays the field.  

Then I would like to see Trumbo hitting on the days when the plays the field.    I would not like to see him play the field.

22 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He has already been up and down this year. 

My basic point is if this team demoted or released every player that didn’t hit this year they would not have enough players to field a team.  

I think Joey was more a case, he had options, and since he wasn't hitting much, it made their decision easy to make.

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Who is hitting? They may think being with Coolbaugh is more beneficial to him. I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. 

Once again if someone was ready then why is Rasmus back? 

1, Show case him.

2. Show that he is healthy and can play CF, and Jones gets traded away.

3. Because they can.

Your choice. :)

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

1, Show case him.

2. Show that he is healthy and can play CF, and Jones gets traded away.

3. Because they can.

Your choice. :)

I think you are missing my point. 

If they think Stewart and/or Mullins are ready I don’t see them sending down Mancini for one of them when they can simply let Rasmus go. 

There is no way they play Rasmus instead of Jones in CF, no way. I am not sure they move Adam to a corner spot for Mullins. 

They kept Rasmus for one of or both these reasons 

-Do not think kids are ready 

-Hope he plays so well they can move him. That is a best case scenario if there ever was one.   

Just now, eddie83 said:

I think you are missing my point. 

If they think Stewart and/or Mullins are ready I don’t see them sending down Mancini for one of them when they can simply let Rasmus go. 

There is no way they play Rasmus instead of Jones in CF, no way. I am not sure they move Adam to a corner spot for Mullins. 

They kept Rasmus for one of or both these reasons 

-Do not think kids are ready 

-Hope he plays so well they can move him. That is a best case scenario if there ever was one.   

Adam has been lights out at the plate since Mid May.

His stock is very high right now.

So please dont say they are not trading him, but if anybody besides Manny and Zach with trade value, AJ has some.

My guess is there is a good chance we see one of Stewart/Mullins before the trade deadline and a solid chance of both after. 

When Manny is traded that opens up a roster spot. Who knows what we get back and if one of the players is a Major League ready infielder. That may free up a spot for Wilkerson to be back. 

It is pretty evident they are not ready to call one of the kids up yet. If there was ever a season that could use some fresh faces it is this one and they still aren’t promoting them.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

My guess is there is a good chance we see one of Stewart/Mullins before the trade deadline and a solid chance of both after. 

When Manny is traded that opens up a roster spot. Who knows what we get back and if one of the players is a Major League ready infielder. That may free up a spot for Wilkerson to be back. 

It is pretty evident they are not ready to call one of the kids up yet. If there was ever a season that could use some fresh faces it is this one and they still aren’t promoting them.  

If he gets traded.

Im in the 80% chance he stays here, and doubt the Ownership can pull off a trade they will agree to.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Adam has been lights out at the plate since Mid May.

His stock is very high right now.

So please dont say they are not trading him, but if anybody besides Manny and Zach with trade value, AJ has some.

I thought you meant trading Rasmus. Misunderstood. 

Trading Jones will be up to him.  

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

If he gets traded.

Im in the 80% chance he stays here, and doubt the Ownership can pull off a trade they will agree to.

He will get dealt. Even this franchise won’t screw that part up.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

I thought you meant trading Rasmus. Misunderstood. 

Trading Jones will be up to him.  

Cobly has no trade value, so highlighting him in a sarcastic remark.

But, the team saw incline to promote him, the way this season has gone, doesn't surprise me.

Archived