Speculation piece lists Bundy as a player that could be traded

Greg Pappas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, brooksfrankjim said:

I agree that Scott is the only building block.  No issue at all trading everyone else.  Get young and athletic.  I see the biggest issue being the organization uncertainty.  Can you trust DD, Buck, Brady, or anyone right now?

I trust Dan do do his due diligence and get the best returns he can.  The industry will be watching after all.

Now do I trust ownership to let him?

What's all this imaginary talk about trading Bundy, anyone but Scott, etc.

Hasn't Duquette already publically stated that guys who aren't free agents after this year aren't on the table?

But hey, if you enjoy tilting at windmills, keep on tilting.   Work yourself into a lather about things that you know aren't going to happen so you can be self-righteous and angry when they don't.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

What's all this imaginary talk about trading Bundy, anyone but Scott, etc.

Hasn't Duquette already publically stated that guys who aren't free agents after this year aren't on the table?

But hey, if you enjoy tilting at windmills, keep on tilting.   Work yourself into a lather about things that you know aren't going to happen so you can be self-righteous and angry when they don't.

I enjoy watching others tilt at windmills and with Gilliam losing the movie rights this is all I have left.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

My point was that if we want to do a Houston style rebuild, we likely have to do it without significant international talent in our system because we don't sign those guys.   We could trade for Verlander once we were close just like they did.   What we can't do is have an Altuve and a Gonzalez in our system because we don't go down and get those guys.

Unless of course, we trade for those type of guys from other teams' systems.

So we finally develop what appears to be an ace, and then want to trade him with 4 years of control left? 

Who cares who we get for Machado or Bundy. Fans will want them traded when they get good anyhow.

Whatever anymore. Have a gem of a stadium just going to waste. An owner that doesn't give a Damn. I'm not going through another decade as a fan like 98-2011. I've learned this year I don't need baseball. I won't jump ship to the Expos either. They should have never been allowed to cone to DC to begin with.

3 hours ago, brooksfrankjim said:

I agree that Scott is the only building block.  No issue at all trading everyone else.  Get young and athletic.  I see the biggest issue being the organization uncertainty.  Can you trust DD, Buck, Brady, or anyone right now?

What is so great about Scott?  I guess he's a potential closer.  

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

So we finally develop what appears to be an ace, and then want to trade him with 4 years of control left? 

Who cares who we get for Machado or Bundy. Fans will want them traded when they get good anyhow.

Whatever anymore. Have a gem of a stadium just going to waste. An owner that doesn't give a Damn. I'm not going through another decade as a fan like 98-2011. I've learned this year I don't need baseball. I won't jump ship to the Expos either. They should have never been allowed to cone to DC to begin with.

I'm old enough to remember when Erik Bedard looked like he was going to be an ace. I was against trading him at the time. In retrospect, keeping him would have been a huge mistake. 

The O's need to do some sober assessment of where the team and organization stand when it comes to competing near, moderate, and long term. If we aren't competing in two years, we'll be trading Bundy then. If someone gives us a good package now, why wait?

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Six + years of team control.

Could become a lock down reliever.

Its good we didn't build a team around a gold glove 3B/potential HOF.  The O's can't even play .300 baseball with him.  Maybe the O's will be the first team with 12 relievers and no starters.

Archived