What a relief. O's no longer worse team in baseball!

gtman55

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want the #1 pick. Whether it’s Bobby Witt, Jr. or Adley Rutschman, the Oregon State Catcher power switch hitting phenom, I want that pick. I know the hype of Witt, but wow...Rutschman is exciting to watch. 

6 hours ago, gtman55 said:

It's baby steps but we have been playing better of late. And it's nice to see we're at least a fraction better than KC. Go O's. 

That's  bad news. Watch Angelos do something stupid. Hold on to Manny. Make some stupid trade thinking the O's can make the playoffs. I want the O's to get the one pick. 

47 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

That's  bad news. Watch Angelos do something stupid. Hold on to Manny. Make some stupid trade thinking the O's can make the playoffs. I want the O's to get the one pick. 

I get that. But the losing was really getting to me. I was just glad to see a mini winning streak for my own emotional stability. ?

The good news for everybody on the #1 pick bandwagon is it looks like we're playing typical 2018 Orioles baseball today.

8 hours ago, weams said:

I think you could say that of 30 teams. Even if you pick the right one. And pay the right one. He might not be the right one. 

True. I realize that my mistrust has more to do with multiple front offices over 2-3 decades than it does about the current FO. 

6 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Angelos has most certainly made mistakes and I can personally be counted in the "I hope the next owner is sooner than later" camp even with the realization that a new owner would not in any way mean a better owner.

But Peter Angelos will have no delusion that the current team can make the playoffs.  The Orioles have 86 games left and if 86 wins was the magic number the Orioles would have to go 63-23, or play .732 baseball the rest of the way.  Unfortunately, if that is not daunting enough, the number this year is likely to be closer to 92 or maybe even higher.  That would require 69 wins or .802 baseball.  The Orioles are not mathematically removed from the equation but there is no realistic chance and Peter Angelos is many things, but he will not be making trades to make the playoffs this season.

Right?

17 minutes ago, foxfield said:

We have two front offices?  More? That sounds awesome!  Think we could get one here at the OH?

I think everybody here would be smart enought to turn down the offer.

Archived