15 Consecutive American League Losses

SteveA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Probably not.  But give them another couple of weeks and maybe that changes.  I hope that changes.  I really, really hope that changes...

I'm holding out hope that they flip the roster soon. That's all I have at this point.

15 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Heard this morning that we're 0-13 against the AL West.

There are just so many pathetic ways to break this season down that it's almost unbelievable.  

WOW.  I somehow didn't even realize that.  Winless against an entire division.  THAT is impressive.  I knew Houston and Oakland always give them the yips, but the entire division??  Just awesome. 

36 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

There are just so many pathetic ways to break this season down that it's almost unbelievable.  

Yep, and there's still Texas to play.  9-23 in the East including 2-15 vs. BOS and TOR.  17-48 vs the league.  So many different ways to reach the same pitiful conclusion.  

200w.webp

13 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Angel's playing the worst basebsll in the majors. If they lose today will be at .500.

You know .500 is a lot better than .288 and also the Tigers have lost 9 straight.  I am not sure how the Angels are by any definition are playing worst baseball in majors.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

31 games out of division lead in June.   

Just now, JR Oriole said:

What will be more impressive is when we finish the season 60 games out of first and still have the exact same roster of players and coaches that we have now. 

We won't have all the same players but yea I think we might keep all of the coaches through the bitter end.

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

31 games out of division lead in June.   

The last team to finish June 30+ games out of first we're the 1979 Blue Jays, a third year expansion tram that was 30 back of the Orioles.

Goes to show how terrible the NL is.  We might be closer to .500 if we were in the NL.  Yes, small sample size but 6-8 against the NL..I don't think it's a coincidence.

11 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I love how they continue to use the same 27-28 guys night in and night out. I don't expect a miracle but seriously? They can't put a more competitive team together than this?

No they can't.  And it's going to get worse.  If they trade Jones, Manny and others, it's only going to get worse.  

They can keep calling up dreck from the minors, give our so called "prospects" a look and focus on a rebuild.  

Archived