On the Record: Trade Predictions

Greg Pappas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manny to the Phillies for Crawford, Medina SP, Suarez SP, and a lottery ticket prospect.  O's take Crawford instead of Kingery because he's in the majors already.

Britton to the Astros for Nova SS, Perez LHP, and Alcala RHP.

Givens and Jones to the Indians for Jones 3b and Civale

Brach to Atlanta for some prospect outside their top 10

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of us had Machado to the Dodgers, but unless I missed it, no one picked Britton to the Yankees.  Many have A. Jones to the Indians, and that remains to be seen.

Let's get Schoop, Gausman, Brach, and maybe some other guys predicted in here. 

So, at this point, who goes where?

Schoop: Looks like he stays at this point. Made sense for the Brewers but they just got Moustakas 

Gausman: Brewers - They have the prospects and a clear need. Said they're in on Archer but he looks like he's going to the Dodgers. Gausman is a solid plan B

Brach: Red Sox - They're farms a bit weak and Brach's on the cheaper side in terms of prospects

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Schoop: Looks like he stays at this point. Made sense for the Brewers but they just got Moustakas 

Gausman: Brewers - They have the prospects and a clear need. Said they're in on Archer but he looks like he's going to the Dodgers. Gausman is a solid plan B

Brach: Red Sox - They're farms a bit weak and Brach's on the cheaper side in terms of prospects

So many rumors flying around but heard on mlb network that Shaw could come to us? Not sure how that makes sense but wanted to pass along. He evidently has never played 2nd base professionally, ever. A lot to ask in the middle of the season during a pennant race.

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

So many rumors flying around but heard on mlb network that Shaw could come to us? Not sure how that makes sense but wanted to pass along. He evidently has never played 2nd base professionally, ever. A lot to ask in the middle of the season during a pennant race.

I heard that too. He's under control through 2021 so not sure how I feel about that. He is a solid defender at third and a good hitter. If he's a secondary piece in the trade for Gausman and Schoop then thats a different story. 

19 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I heard that too. He's under control through 2021 so not sure how I feel about that. He is a solid defender at third and a good hitter. If he's a secondary piece in the trade for Gausman and Schoop then thats a different story. 

Yeah not an expert on Shaw but if he were the centerpiece that makes little sense, agreed. 

Archived