Big time talk from Dan

eddie83

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Dan Duquette looks like a grandad with that knit pullover. Maybe he's also turning the warehouse into a retirement home? 

Hard to believe there is only a six years age difference between the two of them.  

Duquette looks like he could be Brady’s uncle.  

8 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

So the question becomes:

Is this Angelos's sons buying into this? And if so: who convinced them? Brady? Buck? Duquette?

I believe someone said John Angelos was on a radio station in B-More a few years back and echoed that the IFA market is something that he thinks we should be involved with. Was in a past thread.

I mean, it's pretty damn obvious if you want to have success that it's vital. Look at every team in the MLB and where a lot of their top prospects came from. Sure, some are the draft, but most are from something else...

John is a young guy who can see stuff like that. Peter was just stuck in his ways regarding it. No other team is in that ballpark. So I'd imagine if he came into power like it looks it was more so just an obvious move than anything. I'm sure DD and co. had a large part in it. DD has said he wants to be involved in it since he got here but it's always been an ownership decision...

16 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Sign me up for Dan running the show.  He's a shrewd guy and if it's clear that he is in charge, without any interference, things might start going right around here.  Let's maximize return on ZB, Jones, Brach Gausman.  Extend Schoop.

I agree. If Dan actually could function without obstructionism, I think he would be good. I would even forgive him for not resigning Nelson Cruz.

28 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What are we supposed to come out and say. I’ll believe it when I see it. I still think we view Diaz as a big international get because the dodgers spent $31 million to sign him. 

No kidding?  Who cares that we have $5+M in international pool $ when others pay $30M?  If this kid is that good, others will pay and gladly incur penalties.  That situation is hardly the "no brainer" some here think it is.

But, by all means, let's spend our $5+M on some guys.  There is often good talent passed over on the July signing day that can be had for good value - particularly older kids who were passed over at 16 or simply developed later.  It may take two years before we start relationships with and actually sign the top prospects to compete with the rest of the league.  But let's make the concrete strides to get to that day as soon as possible.

Archived