Bruce Levine says sources tell him The Cubs Want Britton

section18

53 minutes ago, section18 said:

Thanks for the detailed comments.  We seem to have a problem finding a solid catcher.  Should we trade for a young catcher already on a mlb roster or try to develop one like we did with Sisco? I've heard positive things about Arnaya the 19 year old you mentioned and would be okay with him in the deal. I would like to try to get some AAA players in tis deal and remaining deals that can help us now or in the next 12 months.

I think we have a young catcher that needs time to develop.  One rough 1/2 season and everyone is ready to give up on him.  Last year everyone was singing his praises.  Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't, but they need to give him the chance (pun unintended, lol).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, esmd said:

I think we have a young catcher that needs time to develop.  One rough 1/2 season and everyone is ready to give up on him.  Last year everyone was singing his praises.  Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't, but they need to give him the chance (pun unintended, lol).

I agree. I actually think they are fine with Sisco, Susac, Wynns, Joseph and Perez.

1 hour ago, esmd said:

Getting a guy who is a few years behind Sisco in terms of development isn't "giving up" on Sisco.   You always want talent in the pipeline.

18 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

I agree. I actually think they are fine with Sisco, Susac, Wynns, Joseph and Perez.

One prospect with potential

One veteran backup AAAA guy

One 27 year old organizational filler

One 32 year old whose best year ever was 88 OPS+

One 29 year old with 2 career MLB at bats

Yeah, you're right, we are set at catcher for the next decade or so.   No need for any catchers in this organization, nosireee.

6 hours ago, VeveJones007 said:

Cubs have also been very high on Gausman in the past, FWIW.

The Cubs do not have one top 100 prospect. Not one. They just do not match up with us. We are in a rebuild mode, need prospects and for those two guys we need high quality prospects. The Cubs do not have any. If they wanted to trade a boat load of their B prospects for Britton, then maybe. But if your trading Gausman they got no chance.

Archived