The Orioles Should Trade Gausman at the Deadline

Luke-OH

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Duquette made a fascinating comment about Breyvic Valera, which should have Orioles fans excited. He said that Valera “has a good chance of coming up (and playing second base) before the end of the season.”

As a utility man or?

24 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Duquette made a fascinating comment about Breyvic Valera, which should have Orioles fans excited. He said that Valera “has a good chance of coming up (and playing second base) before the end of the season.”

As a utility man or?

No way they trade Schoop with his value down, makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Rene88 said:

My wife and I love the Nats and the park, not Harper. He’s obnoxious and hope he leaves. I’d trade him and think they do better without him honestly.

I think he just cared about the HR contest. Watch his OBP and avg go up now...

I wonder if the younger Angelos owners will allow the GM to deal with the Nationals if it's good for the franchise. If so we will truly have turned toe corner.

Brendan Rodgers (clap clap clap clap clap)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Rockies are scouting Orioles' right-handers Kevin Gausman and Dylan Bundy.

Rosenthal adds that while the Rockies are looking at starters and relievers from other clubs, they have longstanding interest in Gausman, who is a Colorado native. The Orioles are weighing all sorts of trade scenarios right now, as Roch Kubatko of MASN reported Sunday that the Brewers, Yankees, and Braves have all asked about Gausman. Meanwhile, the Braves are also reportedly among the teams interested in Bundy. Gausman is under team control through 2020 while Bundy won't be a free agent until after 2021.
Related: Rockies, Dylan Bundy

Jul 23 - 9:37 AM

The next 8 days are going to be very exciting.  My only caution is Duke has appeared very focus minded in the past and unable to perform more than one thing at a time.  Hopefully he can keep all these balls in the air and then pull the trigger on the best available deals for Britton, Jones, Schoop, and Gausman.  

On 7/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, Rene88 said:

They could have just kept Dusty and we wouldn’t be in this mess. I don’t want Harper back. An OF of Eaton, Soto, Taylor and Robles is amazing.

By the way, have you officially converted to being a Nats fan yet? I know you were talking about it for a long time. 

38 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Brendan Rodgers (clap clap clap clap clap)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Rockies are scouting Orioles' right-handers Kevin Gausman and Dylan Bundy.

Rosenthal adds that while the Rockies are looking at starters and relievers from other clubs, they have longstanding interest in Gausman, who is a Colorado native. The Orioles are weighing all sorts of trade scenarios right now, as Roch Kubatko of MASN reported Sunday that the Brewers, Yankees, and Braves have all asked about Gausman. Meanwhile, the Braves are also reportedly among the teams interested in Bundy. Gausman is under team control through 2020 while Bundy won't be a free agent until after 2021.
Related: Rockies, Dylan Bundy

Jul 23 - 9:37 AM

A deal centered around Brendan Rodgers would be a huge win. Unless the Rockies decide to flip Arenado (if they don’t think they can resign him) 2B is the only spot open for Rodgers. If Gausman’s value is to the point that it could net Rodgers+, that’s a move you have to make. Even if Gausman takes a big step forward in the next year or two, I’d rather have a controlled Rodgers when the next competitive window opens (hopefully 2020-21) instead of having to pay up for Gausman. I’d take the risk of dealing Gausman now, even if there’s a chance he blows up and further increases his trade value before FA, if it nets prospect/s of Rodgers caliber. 

5 minutes ago, MSBird said:

A deal centered around Brendan Rodgers would be a huge win. Unless the Rockies decide to flip Arenado (if they don’t think they can resign him) 2B is the only spot open for Rodgers. If Gausman’s value is to the point that it could net Rodgers+, that’s a move you have to make. Even if Gausman takes a big step forward in the next year or two, I’d rather have a controlled Rodgers when the next competitive window opens (hopefully 2020-21) instead of having to pay up for Gausman. I’d take the risk of dealing Gausman now, even if there’s a chance he blows up and further increases his trade value before FA, if it nets prospect/s of Rodgers caliber. 

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we got Rodgers for Gausman. Any other prospects coming back would be gravy.

Archived