And Manny will wear #8... the pain is REAL!

Todd-O

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I dunno, I maybe missed it too but maybe they have a good relationship.  Not sure why he doesn't wear 13 in LA, it's not retired by them.  Or someone already has it.

I can't imagine it's anything else other than a tribute to Cal in some way.  Too much of a coincidence not to be.  Oh well, looking forward to watching some Dodgers games and seeing how he does.

If you connect the circles on a ‘3’ you’ll have an ‘8’. And subtract the ‘1’. 

That is all.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Muncy.

o

The late Muncie/Munsey brothers (running back Chuck, and defensive back Nelson) spelled their last names differently ........ even though they had the same father.

o

29 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I bet Manny didn't even know who's number it was on the O's. Just a number he liked that was available, Sorry Cal.

You may be right. They have no idea about Team history. They can't dress themselves so......

I heard that Aaron Judge wears 99 to diss Orioles fans by suggesting he’s three times as good as Eddie Murray.     

Not feeling any angst about Manny’s number.    The first time he does something spectacular in a Dodger uniform, that will give me some angst.    But mostly, I’ve moved on and will be following the progress of the Fab Five.

1 minute ago, Ballmer Bruce said:

Just hope Manny strays in NL long term.  Phillies look to be in on him as free agent. They have money now with a lot of young cheap players on the payroll.

Phillies have 68M allotted in 2019.

Arrieta and Tommy Hunter are two of those.

Archived