Tillman DFA

TonySoprano

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dipper9 said:

Tillman deserves his own appreciation thread, but I guess that's kinda what this will be.

We should hold off while awaiting his decision on whether to leave the organization.    

1 minute ago, Dipper9 said:

Tillman deserves his own appreciation thread, but I guess that's kinda what this will be.

Now, if Duquette makes the same DFA and release of Mr. Davis, THAT would be a real eye opener.  I don't think he will, and honestly with a wasted season, I don't think we should, but that would be an absolute no doubt indicator that this team has changed its philosophy. 

Not releasing Davis really doesn't reflect on their philosophy, almost no team would eat that much salary.

Just now, Frobby said:

We should hold off while awaiting his decision on whether to leave the organization.    

If he wants to still pitch he should go to Norfolk. He'll get ST invite and maybe even a Sept. call up.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

There is no downside to this, none at all.

We have a ton of AAA fodder. I'd rather see Tillman sit down there than half those guys.

Sure there is.  Tillman can't even get guys out at Aberdeen.  Aberdeen!  There's no useful purpose in keeping him in the organization.  Almost anyone else they have in the minors would be a better option to pitch at Norfolk than Tillman.  Cut.  The.  Cord.

31 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Won a lot of big games for us, including 16 wins in a great 2013 season. Was a solid Oriole and among the best pitchers we had in the last decade. We treated him fairly...and I wish him well.

Well said Roy, and I totally agree.

Just now, esmd said:

Sure there is.  Tillman can't even get guys out at Aberdeen.  Aberdeen!  There's no useful purpose in keeping him in the organization.  Almost anyone else they have in the minors would be a better option to pitch at Norfolk than Tillman.  Cut.  The.  Cord.

Then he'll be gone before we know it. Obviously if the rest of the year he continues this he won't stay there. But there's no downside to letting him sit down there a bit longer and waiting and seeing. As I said, there's really no downside.

It's not like they'll leave him down there forever and waiting/hoping he'll regain form one of these years.

5 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Now, if Duquette makes the same DFA and release of Mr. Davis, THAT would be a real eye opener.  I don't think he will, and honestly with a wasted season, I don't think we should, but that would be an absolute no doubt indicator that this team has changed its philosophy. 

I think the pressure's off CD for the remainder of this season and probably next season too.  After that, maybe if he still hasn't fixed whatever it is that's causing his problem.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

Then he'll be gone before we know it. Obviously if the rest of the year he continues this he won't stay there. But there's no downside to letting him sit down there a bit longer and waiting and seeing. As I said, there's really no downside.

It's not like they'll leave him down there forever and waiting/hoping he'll regain form one of these years.

Contractually, I believe they were at the end of his rehab, and they had to make a decision, and based on rehab results, it was clear, he wasn't ready.

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

I think the pressure's off CD for the remainder of this season and probably next season too.  After that, maybe if he still hasn't fixed whatever it is that's causing his problem.

I have a hunch. It's that big grey mass between his ears. He's over thinking everything.

Archived